jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

How much can on expect to earn on Hubpages during the first month?

1. hclpd profile image89
    hclpdposted 22 months ago

Hello fellow Hubbers,

How are you guys doing? I have just accomplished my mission of publishing my first 5 hubs here. Finally out of boot camp!

I was just wondering how much can one expect to earn here during first couple of months? I know it's not going to be much, but some sort of approximation would be really helpful. How much did you make during your first month? And if I might ask, how much are you making right now?

Edit - Just noticed the spelling mistake. Can't rectify it now.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Everyone writes about different things and everyone has different skills when it comes to SEO etc...

It will all depend on the traffic you can generate to your hubs..

You can expect to earn somewhere between $2-$6 per thousand views through the HP ad program.....

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 22 months ago in reply to this

1) having expectations tends to really frustrate.  You should honestly expect nothing, and wait and see what happens instead.
      2) my first month at HubPages, there was no way to earn yet.  That came a lot later.
      3) you can ask, but it's a violation of the TOS to answer.

1. hclpd profile image89
        hclpdposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I can see that you joined 8 years ago as one of the founding members of Hubpages. Thanks for answering!

3. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

i didn't earn anything during the first month. It took me a year to earn the $50

4. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 22 months ago in reply to this

If good SEO knowledge is applied a person could earn payout in a few months.

5. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 22 months ago in reply to this

hclpd, I see you are very knowledgeable about games.
      Best wishes to you on HP.

2. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 22 months ago

Hello hclpd. You really should not ask how much people earn on hp. It is against the rules to reveal specific earnings.

I think it is fair to guess, however, that you're not likely to make much at all in your first few months - particularly with so few hubs. If you need money quickly, this is not the place to raise it. It generally takes a while for hubs to mature and gain traffic.

Good luck with your hubs though. smile

1. hclpd profile image89

I didn't know that it is against the rules. My apologies!

As far as making money is concerned, I am not here for some quick bucks as it's not possible. Bubblews is a good place for that. I use that site to post gibberish and get paid once in a while.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

3 years before first payout.

4. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 22 months ago

My 1st payout took 7 months!
    I earned $0.00 first couple of months.

There was no HP Ads back then.

5. susi10 profile image92
    susi10posted 22 months ago

You'll make a few cents to a few dollars - somewhere within that range. That's if you get average traffic, and have an average amount of hubs for your first month, that is.

Good luck! :-)

6. iwrite100 profile image79
    iwrite100posted 22 months ago

This is my first year in hubpages so I am interested in knowing "how much"
    I think that some are doing really great here.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

It is against TOS to reveal earnings!

8. CassandraCae profile image89
    CassandraCaeposted 22 months ago

Gotta get ad sense first and that my friend is tricky.  I did it with 12 hubs but for most it takes around 25.  You won't earn anything from your hubs until that is squared away.

1. hclpd profile image89

I already have an approved Adsense account with $2 in it. On the other hand, I have earned almost $1 from the Ad Program.

2. Arthur Nwokolo profile image81
      Arthur Nwokoloposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Hi guys, I am a newbie and with 13 hubs I just recently applied for Google adsense but unfortunately my application was not accepted. Please I need help and guidance on how to get my Google adsense account approved...ASAP

1. theraggededge profile image92
        theraggededgeposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Why have you revived an old thread to ask this unrelated question? Start a thread of your own and you are more likely to receive an answer.

9. BillAlvarez profile image93
    BillAlvarezposted 22 months ago

Probably nothing.