I just published a Hub after a long break from HubPages. For some reason, despite positive comments, feedback and even a HubScore of 80, HubPages has unfeatured it due to quality. Please critique this Hub, and let me know how to improve it, Thanks!
http://rocknj.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Fis … -Aquariums
How many words does a Hub need per Amazon ad in order to not violate HubPages rules?
I recommend reading this forum, and particularly this post.
I reviewed your hub and here are my recommendations to try to get your hubpage featured:
1. Add a different, more original, higher resolution picture as your first picture in your hub, and add more original pictures at least several, throughout your hub. Maybe a beautiful, colorful picture of fish and it doesn't have to be a fish tank just an awesome original picture as your first picture.
2. Consider using other sources for pictures such as a free source like: commons.wikimedia.org or purchase some photos from istockphoto.com. and be sure if you use other web sites, that the pictures are not copyrighted and that you are allowed to use them.also note your source for the website used. I found that it is best to use some original photos that you have taken yourself and I think Hubpages likes this.
3. Instead of paragraphs, consider breaking up some of your content into bullet points or even a table. This will improve the visibility and attractiveness of your content.
4. May I suggest that at the start of your hub, you introduce fish tanks to explain a little bit about fish tanks for those of us who don't know a lot about it.
5. Make sure you have at least 500 words or more which I think you do.
6. Add at least one cool video about fish or fish tanks, which you find on yiutube.com.
7. Remove all but one amazon capsule. too many will distract the reader, plus I haven't had too much luck with the Amazon capsules, so just one once in awhile to start.
8. Finally, look over your home and make sure it is unique, beautiful, very interesting, and follows all the rules and features of how to create a stellar hub found in Hubpages help.
I really hope this helps. I have several older hubs that are now unfeatured and I have to go back and improve on then. but most of my hugs are featured so please feel free to take a look at some of them to get some more ideas.
Thanks and good luck to you!
Thank you everyone for your feedback on my hub about fish tanks. Especially Easylearningweb for taking the time to write a long and detailed critique. Excellent suggestions regarding how to improve me Hub. I made some changes, and now it is featured. :-)
Your title is extremely overused on webpages that already exist.
Your hub doesn't really say anything that could not be found on the product listing. As an aquarium keeper myself I have to say that some of the kits you are recommending are poor quality and all can only be recommended with caveats about how they should be used.
Thanks. They are meant to be starter kits, which means quality may be lacking as a trade off for the low price. The Hub is meant to provide a summary for someone looking for a starter fish tank. They can read about them in one place to point themselves in the right direction.
But I do not see you pointing out those limitations or giving any real advice. Hubs work best when based on actual experience or expertise. Nothing in that hub makes me think you have ever kept an aquarium.
I see that your content is pretty good, but it is just the flow. Try not to use so many Amazon links. Yes, it is a good idea to allow readers to buy what you are talking about. However, make sure you are informing (which you are doing quite nicely) and not just promoting. Make sure HP knows that you are making informing your priority and not promoting.
It seems like a hundred years since I kept an aquarium, but every time I am in the pet store, these fish tanks almost bring me back. I think they are lovely designs and might be good for starter kits.
You might want to consider adding the Fluval tanks the next time you want to update the hub.
They come in a variety of modern designs:
by John Coviello4 years ago
I wrote a Hub called Visiting Fort Meyers Beach, Florida (see: http://rocknj.hubpages.com/hub/Visiting … ch-Florida). I think it's a pretty well written hub that is well researched, accurate, and...
by John Jason Hosac4 years ago
I started my first hub to get an idea about this site and have a few plans for more but I wanted to know what everyone thought about my first. It is pretty simple and straight forward but here is the...
by Catherine Mostly4 years ago
I'm fairy new to Hub Pages, but one of the things I really enjoy is reading through the Hub Hopper - you never know what topic is going to pop out at you OR how good or bad the next article will be, ha! But some of the...
by JackyDragon4 years ago
Hello all,I would like some constructive criticism on my very first hub please.http://jackydragon.hubpages.com/hub/What-is-debtThanks in advance.
by speedbird6 years ago
I would like somebody to critique my hub positively or negatively, any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Month-of-Fe … llustrated
by Browneesorchids5 years ago
I am not having any traffic to this hub and recently reorganized it. Tell me what you think Im lacking or have too much of. Thanks in advance.http://browneesorchids.hubpages.com/hub … Him-or-Her
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.