jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Add ability for writers to receive writing feedback & suggestions.

1. Misfit Chick profile image92
    Misfit Chickposted 22 months ago

I've suggested this before, but so many people were worried about getting 'too harsh' and undeserved criticism from other writers. Honestly, if you are a REAL writer, you appreciate receiving valid critique because you WANT help in seeing the things that are so hard for a writer to see within their own writing - especially in the early stages of publishing an article. Other writer's opinions are valuable to improving your own writing.

Within the QA process of a hub - while people are 'hopping hubs' and assessing them; make a way for 'QA feedback' to be given so writers can voluntarily upgrade the hub as they see fit. The way things are now, writers DON'T KNOW what's wrong with their hubs - everything is a generic guess.

And, it's too many clicks to send an author an email - and that isn't the place for writing criticism. It should be a step within the quality assessment process that writers can take seriously and not be offended by it.

This would help ALOT toward improving hubs all the way around - including the Hub of the Day, itself (which is more often an embarrassment to Hubpages as opposed to a prideful spotlight - as previous complaints regarding this issue have continued to be IGNORED by Hubpages Staff. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127466)

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

i join forums, answer questions and read 30 hubs per day, are those sufficient?

2. Misfit Chick profile image92
    Misfit Chickposted 22 months ago

Yer doin alot better than I am, ha! 30 Hubs is a little over my limit. smile

3. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image85
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 22 months ago

Am I the only one who feels really uncomfortable about all the gushing praise at the bottom of hubs that really aren't very good?

I cannot understand why so many hubbers write 'Another brilliant hub' or 'Such great information' beneath hubs that are poorly written, poorly structured and/or completely devoid of anything new or informative. When I see false praise, I make a mental note to avoid anything written by those hubbers.

So in answer to your question, yes I think it would be a great idea to offer direct feedback about writing quality - but I doubt it would be used to best advantage. It would simply be another way for the misguided to encourage others to believe their work is better than it really is.

If writing here did result in genuine, constructive feedback, I would write more often. That, to me, would be the real appeal of writing on a "writers' site".

1. Misfit Chick profile image92
      Misfit Chickposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I think the reason why everyone is so nice at the bottom in comments is because they kind of become 'part of' the article when you do that. It's better for writers to get critic from their personal emails so that they can correct the article, itself. But, you're right - if something doesn't deserve a bunch of praise, it really should not be left.