jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Traffic Decrease

1. Rafiq23 profile image85
    Rafiq23posted 2 years ago

Have you noticed a sudden decrease in traffic? For the last three days, my hubs are receiving very little traffic. What about you?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image80
      Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have, but in the last few days I have been busy on the farm and preparing for christmas, so haven't had much spare time to promote my hubs or visit others, so it's makes me feel a little better about traffic when I see there are others in the same situation.

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Given that this is a company based in the United States and whose traffic predominantly comes from there as well, everything here is going to be impacted by the holiday season for the next two weeks.

Even if you have seasonal Hubs, we are now "in" the holidays, and people are going to be spending a LOT less time online, or even engaging in their usual behaviors.  Don't be surprised if your sales stop, the majority of humans did their shopping thing online weeks ago.   Likewise, don't be surprised to see sales earnings reversed by gift returns.

If you are truly chasing seasonal web traffic, you stopped worrying about Christmas at the end November at the latest, and you're working on content to post over the next two weeks that will be relevant three months from now, or even further out.

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

For those of us without Christmas and New Years hubs, this is not a good traffic time of year, leastwise for me. But at least I'll still exceed payout. Bottom line I've tabled the matter until January.

1. ChristinS profile image92
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree. I am not going to stress over traffic and numbers again until after the holiday stuff is done.  I had a severe drop over the Thanksgiving weekend too and then it came back a bit - so I think it is just holiday stuff.  I do notice my hubs on Frugality do increase around the holidays though lol hmmm.

3. Rafiq23 profile image85
    Rafiq23posted 2 years ago

Yea, I agree with you that the sudden fall in traffic might be due to holiday, but I had never experienced such a sharp decrease in my traffic. It is something that puzzles me.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Does your Analytics confirm your decrease?

Rafiq23posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Analytics confirm it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
          paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, if it isn't just December being December, what does Webmaster Tools have to say? Any manual actions reported? Might be possible to ferret out other clues there as well.

4. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 2 years ago

December is my best month, due to certain seasonal hubs which go mad this time of year, so I cant say I have noticed a decline, mine have been steadily increasing just like last year! hope yours have picked up again!

Rafiq23posted 2 years ago in reply to this

daisydays! I have seen a little bit of increase in traffic, but not as much as it has been in the past.

working