jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why are the comments not on the Hubs?

1. Elsie Hagley profile image81
    Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago

I had a comment to approve , but when I went to the hub there was no comment to approve.
    I have copied the comment from a lady in Australia. It starts with
    "Hello Elsie, don't know how I missed this post. Oh dear, how complex christmas has become. I guess for many children it hard to differentiate. On one hand the birth of Christ"...
    This is a real comments but it never made it to the hub to be approved, so I could reply to it.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image89
      MelRootsNWritesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Elsie, is the comment still listed in your comments section on your account?  I ask because yesterday I was surprised to find a comment that I had approved and replied to was still sitting under comments waiting to be approved.  My reply wasn't on the hub, so I have no idea what happened except some glitch happened.

Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No it disappeared when I approve it but it was only after I had gone to the hub and there was no comment.
        I'm sure this person won't mind if I add it to this forum question as she will be able to verify that she commented and if you look at the hub about "christmas-day-25-december" you will find it's not there.

Here is the Comment "travmaj 2 days ago from australia
        Hello Elsie, don't know how I missed this post. Oh dear, how complex christmas has become. I guess for many children it hard to differentiate. On one hand the birth of Christ which Christmas is about. Santa Claus who is such a full on presence at this time of year. and add to that in out part of the world it's holidays. Christmas bears no resemblance to the childhood memories i hold".

How many more have commented on my hubs and I haven't seen them as I get no comments at all on my hubs.
        I checked yesterday and there were no comments yet this one say's 2 days ago.:cool

2. MariaMontgomery profile image85
      MariaMontgomeryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yesterday (12/22/14) I saw that a comment I had made was showing as having been made 47 minutes ago. The reality is that it was made 3 weeks ago. Really, what is going on?

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image89
        MelRootsNWritesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I thought, perhaps, it was giving the time of approval rather than the time the comment was made.  However, I just did a test and it accurately showed the time the comment was left.

2. travmaj profile image86
    travmajposted 2 years ago

Hello Elsie - that was me 'travmaj' I left that comment several days ago, in the usual manner.  Don't know what happened. I wonder if my other comments are making it through? Best wishes at this festive time, Cheers Maj

Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maj, I knew you wouldn't mind me putting your comment in the forum, I could tell by that nice smile on your face.
      It would have been nice if I could have replied to it.

Hoping you have a great christmas, and 2015 is the best year yet for you. smile

I came across this in my emails this morning, I think it's a nice one to share with everyone, as it's so true.

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
      C. S. Lewis

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

This sounds like a technical glitch.  If it persists, you may want to post this in the technical issues section of HubPages.  The staff does not monitor the free form discussions regularly, although they do pop in from time to time.

working