jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Does deleting a comment affect scores?

1. CatherineGiordano profile image89
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

If you deny someone's comment does it hurt their hubber score? Does it hurt you own hubber score if you deny the comments of others?  Does it hurt the hub score if the hub has a denied comment?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image81
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I do not believe so Catherine. There are many comments which have been deleted both purposely and accidentally, nobody has asked about this before.
      What adds to your score some is how well that you reply to them.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't think it should alter anyone's score.  I just wanted to make sure. Let's see what others have to say.

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
          rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's doubtful that deleting comments will affect scores.

2. Swisstoons profile image78
    Swisstoonsposted 2 years ago

I hope not!  When I made the transition from Squidoo to HubPages, I inadvertently deleted all 90+ comments from one of my pages.  I don't imagine I helped myself by doing that.

3. profile image59
    zd260490posted 2 years ago

i dont know

4. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

I don't think it affects the score.  After all, if you receive spam comments, you should be able to delete them.  While there is a small chance that comments do count in your score as interaction with the community, I would think that the comments you don't delete and your forum posts would offset the deleted comments.

Even if your score does drop when you delete comments, you have a high enough score that it can take a hit!

Yes, but I wouldn't want to hurt someone else's scores.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If someone is using the same comment over and over again on different posts "nice hub!", the program probably notices and does not reward the Hubber with a higher score due to community involvement. In that case, if you delete the comment, it wouldn't affect his score. 

But if the program didn't catch it, it might, but I suspect that it would take a lot of deleted comments for it to make an impact. I'm sure they make sure that any one Hubber can't dramatically affect the score of any other Hubber.  And depending on why you are deleting the comments, they may deserve it.

thanks Millionaire.. sometimes I or someone else will point out a typo in a hubs using the comments and then ask for that comment to be deleted. I just want to make sure there were no negative repercussions to that.

working