Unfeatured Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Not long ago, there were so many complaining of having a lot of their hubs unfeatured. Paul Edmonson chimed in and told us to send link to him.  Well this is what happened when I did that.  We thought he would look at our hubs if we disagreed.    I sent a link to him.  Today, I get a response, with no specifics, basically a canned response from team@hubpages.com with a link to the learning center.  WOW!!!   So, if you are still getting unfeatured hubs after they have been featured for weeks, months etc, it is a waste of time to send a message to Paul or anyone really.   We can continue playing the Guessing Game, or simply remove them.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda, you are flogging a dead horse - why?   Yes it was all very upsetting and I still think HubPages did the wrong thing - but what's the point of continuing to complain?   All you're doing is wallowing in negativity and making yourself feel bad.  It's crystal clear that HP is not going to change anything.  You've found a better solution - moving your Hubs to your own blogs - so close the door and move on.

2. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

@linda you're in my queue. You can expect feedback in the next few days.

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
      LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Paul, I think you are too kind. I shudder to think what your 'queue' looks like. smile

LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

LTM:  Leave my daughter out of it which has nothing to do with this thread. 

Furthermore, you have not one inkling as to the hub I am referring to now or then.

So you've left your three worst examples. Yes, that makes sense. I did notice that the one I referred to has been removed - so i guess you were happy with that one. (It was all about your daughter, so it was hard to identify it without making reference to her.)

Of course some people might leave their three 'best' hubs - and claim they were their worst, in the hope it made them look really skilled.

But you're telling us you've left "spun, copied, poorly written content" so there's no point us looking. Whatever you've left can remain undisturbed .... smile

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I got a canned response.  The hub is now gone along with the majority of my hubs.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You have been perturbed with HP for a long, long time now. big_smile

I gotta admit that the revelation of my account being one of relache's referrals and her publicly trashing my what I consider to be very good earnings was almost a deal breaker for me as well when HP didn't do anything about it. However, I'm still hoping HP will see the light as to their unnecessarily giving away a substantial part of their earnings every month via the author referral program. The program was a good idea 8 years ago, but it is just throwing away money now; especially what with the Google quota imposition pretty much an obvious fact these days.

Personally, I'd hang in there. If you haven't deleted them, go ahead and republish them. Revisit the issue at the end of January. You've only lost when you quit. smile

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61

paaradigmsearch: But I haven't lost.  Most of the hubs I have removed in past few weeks, are already elsewhere and doing well.  Others are on my sites, and doing well. My traffic in less than 2 weeks is better than here for past month and longer. Tired of the games here.  Too much like Squidoo with no real responses if you get any.  The spun, copied, poorly written content that stays.  If that is what HP wants, they are welcome to it!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

LindaSmith1: May The Force be with you. smile

I'm pretty sure I'll have some hubs that will be candidates for removal come end of January. Any via-email confidential tips or hints as to where to relocate them would be much appreciated. Although my infamous website does get decent daily traffic, I'm always looking for other options.

Will do!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Received it. Thanks!

You are welcome!

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Apparently you did not understand the gist of this thread.

I think I did.  You're moaning about not getting a proper explanation for your unFeatured Hub.   If you're moving all your Hubs, why do you care?   It's a dead issue.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

That is the reason for moving the hubs for one thing.  It also tells others that end up with 50, 100, whatever number of hubs that sending them to  whomever is a waste of time as well.

OK, so you're not really posting to ask a question or make a complaint, you're just posting to tell others they should move their Hubs to blogs?

I am saying exactly what I said.  Sending links for review is a waste of time.  So, our choice is to continue editing over and over, or move them.  I chose to say enough is enough and deleted all but 3 of 70 hubs.
        It is hello Wizzley and Hello my own sites

So, like I said, what's past is past and it's a dead issue.  Anyone who was going to respond to Paul's invitation would've done it ages ago, it's on an old thread.

A few weeks old is not that old.

Done with the bantering.

I have my opinion, others have theirs.

Of course, there are those who said enough is enough, sent links to nobody, and started hitting the delete button.

8. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

So here you are, back again, writing complaints that are likely to shake the confidence of other writers. Those who didn't read your hubs could be forgiven they were absolutely great, and HP did the wrong thing by you. Poor Linda.

I was under the same mistaken impression until I took a look at one of your hubs - and offered to point out some obvious problems with it to help you. But you chose to respond to my offer with more complaints about hp, and showed no interest in receiving constructive feedback.

Well, in the spirit of helping you be more successful at another site (and to help other hubbers gain some important perspective), I am offering some of my observations  ...

The following quote is directly from your former-hub about your daughter's 'ranting rages' and how you kicked her out of your house (so that you can find the same article again in its new home.)

Quote:
    "However, none of her behavior was her fault; of course, it was everybody else who was in the wrong. She is the one who broke rules, refused to follow procedures, yet there was one excuse after another for not doing what needed to be done according to the policies and procedures that were in place "
    Unquote.

You repeated entire paragraphs of text - not just once. Take a look at both the beginning and the end of your article in its hub-form. It doesn't matter that you used a different title in the second capsule, the text was repeated word for word.

You also didn't use correct punctuation (as demonstrated in the quote above). In a number of places you failed to put a full stop/period/whatever you want to call it at the end of sentences.

If I discounted the copied text within that particular piece of work, your former-hub was too short to comfortably meet the target word count.

As I recall, there were quite a few problems with that particular hub that could quite easily have been fixed. Perhaps you've fixed them now ... or perhaps there's no requirement to bother with them at your other site.

Yes, HP also has 'policies and procedures' in place - to help hubbers be successful.

Had you followed Paul E's link to the Learning Center and read whatever he led you to, you probably would have figured these things out for yourself. The problems with that particular hub were glaringly obvious. I don't believe it is realistic to expect a co-founder of HubPages to conduct basic editing on faulty hubs ... but that's just my opinion.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61

No, I stopped reporting spun, etc hubs.  HP loves those apparently.  Since you have not read every one of my hubs, even though your opinion does not matter, you have not one inkling as to why the 3 that remain have been left behind.

Linda, you wrote (just hours ago) on this very same thread:  "Most of the hubs I have removed in past few weeks, are already elsewhere and doing well." and clearly stated, "The spun, copied, poorly written content that stays.  If that is what HP wants, they are welcome to it!"

In one breath you state you are leaving your "spun, copied, poorly written content" - and then, suddenly, you are claiming, "you have not one inkling as to why the 3 that remain have been left behind."

Well if I have not one inkling, I have to wonder exactly what you were communicating.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61

LTM:  I don't need a mother to follow me around.

lol. I don't follow you Linda. You just keep appearing on hp forums. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)