jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do hubpage views go up and down on a single article?

1. JoyLevine profile image87
    JoyLevineposted 22 months ago

I am baffled!  I'm not talking about hubpage views being say, 500 one day and 100 the next... I have a hub article
    and the views change throughout the day, up and down, which makes no sense to me at all!  I mean literally that when I look at it once, it may be, let's say, 380. Then the next time I look at it it will be 368.  (Let's say that's 1 hour later).  Then two hours after that it's 386.  Then maybe 361 a few hours later.

What gives?

What would make your actual page view count go up and down like that? It's not like I ever click on my own pages except when I'm logged into my account.  I don't get it!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Rolling stats.  What you see covers the most recent time period stated. As opposed to cumulative stats, which is a total count to date.

There's a teeny "help" in blue over on the right on your account page (it sits just above where your earnings are stated, parallel to the teeny words My Account > Hubs) and it explains how the stats work if you click on it.

2. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 22 months ago

That's the number of views you've had over the last 24 hours. If you check again one hour later (assuming the stats have updated) then those views that came 25 hours ago will no longer count, but new ones will be added, so the total is always changing up or down.

3. JoyLevine profile image87
    JoyLevineposted 22 months ago

Ah, I see! Thanks!