Hub Page Sub-Domain in the Eyes of Google

1. johndwilliams profile image85
    johndwilliamsposted 22 months ago

Hi All,

Hope this is the right forum to post this question.

Is there a way I can check to see if my sub-domain at Hub Pages has been marked down or hit with some kind of Google penalty?

I feel traffic is low at the moment but I am not sure if this is general since the Penguin update, or if my Sub-domain has been penalized in the eyes of Google.

Is there a way to check this?

1. Maffew James profile image96
      Maffew Jamesposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Google Webmaster tools will tell you if you have a manual penalty. This kind of penalty is placed on the site by an actual staff person with Google and has to be removed by Google after you've proven you've fixed the problems.

An algorithmic penalty on the other hand can't be checked. You'll know if you have one though because the traffic drop will be a sudden 60 - 90% decrease on a particular date. Usually this would occur on a date where a Panda or Penguin update occurs. If your traffic dropped like this towards the end of September, you were hit by the most recent Panda update.

With Christmas and the new year occurring, you can't really be sure what's happening until after the holidays. Traffic will naturally plummet during this time because people aren't online.

2. johndwilliams profile image85
    johndwilliamsposted 22 months ago

Thanks Maffew

Just had a look at WM tools and traffic looks to have been increasing since end of September.

Search Traffic>Search Queries

I can not select data beyond that as the date range only allows me to go back 3 months.