jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

SPAM comments appearing on hubs

1. anujagarwal profile image65
    anujagarwalposted 22 months ago

I am receiving so many comments on my hubs since last two days. When I checked, they have nothing to do with my hub and they simply appear to be SPAM. Please try to do something.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hi, Anujagarwai!

It's not unusual to get spam comments, and they do come in cycles (seems that way to me, at least).  This has come up before on the forums, and (not meaning to answer on behalf of the admins), one of the admins reinforced the benefit of marking it as "Spam" in your comments section - but do NOT delete it. They do research spam comments and can block IP addresses. 

That's the good news.  The 'other' news is that spammers change IP addresses more often than I change shoes, and they'll often be back - but HP's action does discourage them, and things seem to quiet down a bit after we flag them and let the admins check it out.

So - mark it as Spam, don't approve it to be published (the spam comments usually contain links), and don't delete it.  It will eventually go away on your list of comments, but HP needs the track record there in order to investigate it.

Hope that helps?

1. anujagarwal profile image65
        anujagarwalposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Marcy for the information. I already marked them as SPAM. So, let us see for how much time the spammers would be attacking my hubs.

2. stbrians profile image70
    stbriansposted 22 months ago

Spam comments  irritate  me.  Those  that  are written  in  languages  that  I do not understand does not make matters easier for me too. My vow is to try and comment in  English.