jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I need some advice from my fellow hubbers.

1. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

I have a question about one of my hubs.http://hubpages.com/hub/iVillage-Keeps-Spamming-Me
    since it has a low score and not much traffic, I was thinking about deleting it. My question, would it harm me as far as AdSense impressions or would it help me when it comes to AdSense impressions? Thanks for the advice.

Maybe I worded that wrong? can a hub with no traffic and a low score be considered dead weight? when should a person consider deleting a dead weight hub?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Considering you only published it on the 26th, I'd wait it out.  Traffic doesn't always come right away.  If you like, you can remove AdSense ads from it until traffic picks up, simply by editing the hub and setting the ad level to "none."  You can change it back if you start getting search engine traffic (which is usually the kind that clicks ads anyway).

2. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you Maddie,
    That is good advice, I will go with taking the adsense off and just wait it out and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Yeah, just imagine if tomorrow someone sues iVilliage or something, CNN picks up the story, it shoots around the globe and BANG!...your Hub starts getting hits.
    I actually had that happen with a blog once. I had an entry on Chris Benoit (the wrestler) and his wife. Nothing really special. Then the murder happens and my page views shot through the roof.

4. 0
    Whikatposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the advice sabrebIade, I hope nothing happens like that, because I did end up taking it down yesterday. After I did a lot of thinking about it. I decided I did not want it in my profile because it was a rant article, and I was able to resolve the problem by manually blocking them from my e-mail.
    I am glad that you were able to cash in on one of your articles.