Fool me twice

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Today I have been the April Fool twice but it was for a good cause. I was telling them about the custom at the school I work at as a classroom assistant and this information was of great interest to teachers and children because they don't have April Fool's Day in Tenerife although they have a similar custom on the 28th December - Saint Innocent's Day.

Anyway, I didn't realise that some of the teachers had decided to play a trick on me. The English teacher, who I was helping wrote a note on a piece of paper and folded it up,  and asked me to take it to the gym teacher. When I found him he read the note and then said I had to go and find the headmistress because she wanted to see me and he scrumpled up the note which I hadn't read.  He said she would be in the music room. I thought it seemed crazy but went to find her and saw her walking down a path outside the school coming in my direction and talking to another woman. She saw me and showed no sign of wanting to talk to me and it was then I realised I was an April Fool.

Later on another teacher came to the class I was in and said there was a phone call for me in the secretary's office. When I got there I found out there wasn't any such call. The children found all this very funny and I was a good illustration of what being an April Fool means!