jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Why there is no android or IOS app of Hubpages?

1. ehonhdouzi profile image62
    ehonhdouziposted 22 months ago

I really hope to have it so that I can edit my hubs with my phone,

1. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It has been stated recently by staff that there are no plans for this site to have a mobile app for either popular operating platform.

The focus has been getting the page format rearranged to make the site/hubs presentable on mobile devices.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

We have worked recently on making the site work better on many (and most major) mobile devices.  Editing is one of the desktop features not currently available in the mobile site.

The logic in retiring the iOS app and not making an Android app is that it makes more sense to concentrate our efforts on a more unified mobile experience for all user abstracted from the specific platform they are using as maintaining an app for every platform can be very time consuming.

If you are using a mobile browser like Chrome, you can set it to "request desktop site" and then all of the functions available in the desktop version will be available.
      http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-reque … r-android/

1. easylearningweb profile image91
        easylearningwebposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I used to use the HubPages app on my iPhone and I loved it. Even though it wasn't a full-fledged, all features app, I liked the alerts that popped up on my phone and the ability to check little things like earnings and score when needed. When I migrated to android cell phone (now regretting) I then discovered that the app wasn't available for androids, but only for iPhones. I will probably be migrating back to an iPhone in the next year. At that time, I hope the neat little app is still available. Thanks.

2. CelebrateUSA profile image91
        CelebrateUSAposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Great information about Chrome. I will give it a try. Chrome has an amazing number of features which I have been meaning to try out. Thank you very much!

3. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

yeah, i wanted to edit my hubs but can't with android cellphones.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 22 months ago

There use to be one but you could not edit/create Hubs using it.  Many people were very dissatisfied with it and it got removed subsequently.

People have been requesting/begging/pleading for a mobile app for HubPages which would allow Hub creation for years, but I cannot recall any reason stated by admin for why they don't think it is important.