Torture HP Time re: Traffic Stats

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (35 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Come on guys! It really is a big deal to us to dial up the morning stats. It is fun! And you no longer seem to be able to provide that.

Awhile back HP stated that this particular function was outsourced. Fire them!

I was a Programmer/Analyst for over 20 years before I had to go into the unpaid caregiver business. I know I am obsolete, but I could definitely handle this. Language does not matter. I've learned dozens of them in my time. One more won't be a problem.

Although this post was spontaneous, it is also serious. If hired, I would guarantee that stats would be as they once were. Not only that, you would remove yet another person from the food stamps role. I mean seriously, how could you pass that up?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But, the good news is that payments to PayPal were right on schedule!

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Totally unsurprised. big_smile

Meanwhile, the breadcrumb trail still exists for those who are interested in what Hubbers had to say about year 2015.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will hire you for $65,000.00 a year if you can guarantee my business a profit of $500,000.00 a year. smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll give you another $65,000 along with Dale's if you can guarantee the same income as his. Your income numbers are getting up there.

I will consider your most generous offers. After all, I'm probably not going to hear from HP any time soon. "Torture HP Time" is hardly the way to woo a new client. big_smile

1. NateB11 profile image88
            NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Well, it now says, "Includes data from 15 minutes ago and earlier". But once again, the numbers didn't change. I hate that.

They only updated the income.

Which, incidentally, were not bad at all; especially for this time of year and my hub topics.

1. janshares profile image93
          jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Writer Fox profile image31

I'll bet the people with New Year's Hubs are freaking out waiting for days for the stats to update.  Come to think about it, the same thing happened for Rosh Hashanah, Halloween and Thanksgiving which, come to think about it, was right after the servers got so busy with new Hubs and people from Squidoo, which, come to think about it – Oh well, never mind.

Lol!

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Shhh! Quiet!

HP deserves the compliment. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that is required to run this site; especially when considering the number of obstacles that are constantly thrown in their path.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
              Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree - between Google and people who sign up here to scam or spam, and integrating the good stuff from Squidoo while culling the chaff, it's a huge job.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

My traffic & revenue was just updated.  Any idea if the 'views' in one day are cumulative since the last update, or if they truly reflect one day?

I'm so close to 300,000 views - less than 500 views away - maybe the Traffic Fairy helped me out.  I'd love to reach that goal as my wrap-up to 2014!

You are right. I don't believe the stats either. Looks like 2 days worth to me, too. And GA also says the stats are wrong.

I don't understand you.  Do you mean the '1 day' figures looks like they are really for 48 hours?  If that's what you mean, can't you just take the 'Total Views Ever' number and deduct the 'Total Views Ever' number from the last update on the 27th and divide by 2 to check the figure?

Bolding done by me.

Yes. As to your suggested calculations, you forgot to divide by pi and multiply by the Euler–Mascheroni constant.

I think you are calling me a logarithm.
            I'm going to report you to the forum police.
            tongue

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I need more caffeine.

2. NateB11 profile image88

I was really happy for a few minutes and then compared GA and HP stats and realized it's another "syke!" stats glitch. Disappointed to say the least. I thought I'd returned to pre-Panda/Squidoo acquisition numbers.

DANG! (sigh) I kinda felt like this is too good to be true.

2. NateB11 profile image88
    2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cumulative.  I had a brief moment where I thought I had learned the secret of internet writing.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

LOL!   I had the same fleeting epiphany, Mark.  Then I drank more caffeine.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12087555_f1024.jpg

1. Brite-Ideas profile image95
      Brite-Ideasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

your sketch made me laugh !

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

So all the red arrows aren't real either?

Bummer!  And I have a lot of double ones, too!

I have a double as well. It has to be real, Writer Fox. Why would the HP stat machine torture us like this? (Sigh) Off to see a client now and make money I can actually see.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
  6. profile image0
    Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years ago

Seems like since they did the big switch over to the new stats counter things have not been running too smoothly at all.

7. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Yep. I think they should hire paradigmsearch to crunch the numbers ... and Mark Ewbie to create the forum threads announcing when there's some kind of delay.

With team work like that, I wouldn't mind when the stats were slow. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)