jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Running two separate Hubpages accounts

1. amytrumpeter profile image79
    amytrumpeterposted 21 months ago

I'd like to run a second Hubpages account under an alias or pen name. Reason being i'm a teacher and there are certain things I won't be able to write about under my real name. Is this possible? If two Hubpages accounts are possible, can they be connected to the same Google Adsense account?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes and yes, it's quite common for Hubbers to have two accounts.

2. Pop Culture World profile image84
      Pop Culture Worldposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes, you would simply use the same ID tracker on both HubPages accounts.

amytrumpeterposted 21 months ago in reply to this

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Also, you should know that you cannot comment in forums under both names.  You can only use the one you have been using.  I know this because I made a point of asking about  it recently and was told you ca be banned for posting under two different names on the forums.

amytrumpeterposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Ah ok, thanks. I will post in forums under this name (my real one) and just use the other account for writing :-)

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi amy,

Looks like you've received some great advice from other Hubbers. Just to reiterate the main points:

1. It's totally ok to have as many HubPages accounts as you like.
      2. Make sure you choose only one account to post in the Forums with.
      3. You will need to use the same AdSense ID on both accounts, since only one AdSense account is permitted per person.
      4. As others have mentioned, do be careful of the info you share on your second account if you wish to remain anonymous.

Best of luck with your new account! smile

2. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 21 months ago

You will need a different email address for each account, but your PayPal address may be the same.

3. amytrumpeter profile image79
    amytrumpeterposted 21 months ago

Thanks for that clarity, helps a lot!

4. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 21 months ago

Absolutely do so!  I've had 2 accounts for years.  What's cool was that this account was the one that got all the views, but all of a sudden I got a pretty good payout one month and it was all due to one Ebay sale that came from the other account.  I was thrilled.

Go for it honey.  Be sure not to put any information that could be linked back to you, as a teacher.  There are some evil people out there that want to hurt others.  I lost a career because of it (on another support site) and I didn't even use my real name but there was enough information there that the person tracked me down and I lost my job over some postings.

You will be perfectly fine to have 2 accounts here at Hubpages.

5. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 21 months ago

Yes it is ok - I have two accounts
    However to echo what some of the others have said please be very careful in what you post as even things like say strong political opinions can be turned against you by an angry parent