jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Facebook traffic fell overnight

1. pumpkincat210 profile image85
    pumpkincat210posted 2 years ago

A few days ago my traffic fell (i saw that mean blue triangle next to my hub) and now in hubpages and analytics I see my referrals and links from facebook are now very low.   For example my google visits are at 58% and facebook is only 15%
    These numbers were nearly equal for weeks and my visits were alot higher as was my adsense revenue.  Overnight it seemed the drop happened and I searched facebook news and couldn't find anything.  This has been about 4 days or new year's.
    Is this happening to anyone else?

1. Ladymermaid profile image83
      Ladymermaidposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Facebook is doing a big new sales promotion program on their site. I am not sure how it is going to work or how little our followers will now see of what we post but it was brought up quite awhile ago that they were doing a big revamp January 1st.

pumpkincat210posted 2 years ago in reply to this

thanks for replying!  well the date coincides correctly with my numbers so you probably hit the nail on the head.  i'll definitely look for more information on this sales program.   it's a pity to see the facebook numbers drop so incredibly sharply...

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

My Facebook traffic has always been sporadic. Sometimes it goes up really high as someone shares something and people view it, and then it goes to nothing as people move on to other subjects.

pumpkincat210posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I considered this, but the traffic decrease was so abrupt and sharp I don't think this was the case here. I don't regularly peruse facebook so I don't know how they are presenting the information.

working