jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Help improving my first two hubs?

1. stevemorgan1005 profile image82
    stevemorgan1005posted 21 months ago

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I am not new to the writing world, but I am new to Hubpages, and the attempt of using writing as a revenue source. I was hoping to gain some feedback on the two hubs I have posted so far, so I can improve my writing to work with my new goals. I love constructive feedback, and welcome anything! Thanks everyone!

http://stevemorgan1005.hubpages.com/hub … Bowl-party

This one is featured, and scored a 72 with 27 views, and no comments.

http://stevemorgan1005.hubpages.com/hub … s-Military

This second one started with a hub score of 58, and has risen to 65. It has 19 views, and no comments. It is also featured.

Thanks again!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hello Steve,

I read your Superbowl Party hub.  I think it is well written and I like your writing style. It does put you in a festive spirit.

The images are good, but I have a feeling that you are not legally using them. I doubt very much that ESPN gave you permission to use that image.  There is recent forum about where to get free images and the Learning Center also has a legal image guide. I recommend you take your own pictures so you can show you have personal experience, but otherwise, find some free images.  Also I recommend you write a teaser on the first image "Host a Superbowl Party" or somesuch, so that people can use that image to bookmark the ideas on Pinterest.

One of the titles to a capsule is "Grub".  I would recommend "Game Day Grub".  Those places are a good place to use keywords so try to think of other ways people would Google your hub and sprinkle them in (sparingly).

You've provided URLs to direct people to other sites for recipes, etc., but you did not link them.  Some people don't know how to get to the other site without a link.  Link them.  Since you are nice enough to recommend things, give them an easy say to get there.  I do hope you have tried these recipes yourself and really like them.  I would recommend you say that you tried them and everyone loved them, or what changes you made to the recipe to show real experience.

As I said your hub is well written, but it doesn't seem to me like the makings of an Ultimate Superbowl party.  Get some food, get some beverages and arrange the room. It really doesn't seem like you are offering anything different than anyone else out there with their Superbowl party article. You need to offer something unique - what do you do that makes your party Ultimate?

stevemorgan1005posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for this feedback! I will be implementing some changes you mentioned to help improve keyword optimization.

I understand where you come from regarding me giving the idea something that makes it stand out. It does seem pretty bland considering its the same ole party as everyone else throws.. I will see what I can do to tweak that.

As far as the images, I used them based on the fair use act. I may need to read up on this again, as it has been sometime. In the meantime, I will find images to substitute into my article.

Thank you for the feedback, and the kind words as well.

2. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

try adding the sport star videos and ebay capsule to buy the stars related dvd, books or stuffs

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I would recommend NOT adding sales capsules like that. Whatever you try to sell must be directly related to the hub, so maybe stuff you need to have a superbowl party would work. But even then, I think most people having a party would buy the stuff locally unless it was a really unique item.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago

I do not see how a hub of this type would fall under fair use. It lacks the element of non-commercial and formally educational content. You are also using the entirety of the work as every photograph is considered a work in its own right.

stevemorgan1005posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes. You are correct. Thank you.