jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

RESOLVED: Anyone else having problems sharing Hubs on Facebook today?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I published a new Hub today, and when I went to share it on my personal Facebook page as usual, all that showed up on the page was... the link. Nothing else. Usually I get that snazzy little box showing the title of the Hub and a thumbnail pic and everything.

I've already tried sharing it from two different PCs today (repeatedly) and have had the same result each time. Are HP and FB not communicating today?? I ended up deleting the unsuccessful posts because they were so blah without the title box and thumbnail pix...

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This occurs with many links on Facebook and I don't believe it is an issue isolated to HubPages links.

You can check to see what information is being shared with external sites if you check the micro format for a Hub URL using a site like this.
      http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

If you enter a Hub URL it will show you how the title, image, etc are being shared.

See Christy's clarification below.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2694328

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94

I entered the URL of the hub in question into that Google thingy and it showed a sample box which contained the Hub's title but no pic.

(shrugs) Sooooo... I have no idea what to do about any of this. I guess I should just forget about it for now and try sharing it again tomorrow?

Thanks for the help.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi FFC,

This sometimes happens when trying to share a Hub that still has a pending status. I recommend trying again when the Hub is published. If you're still having issues at that point, it is most likely a problem on the Facebook end of things.

3. Ruthbro profile image90
    Ruthbroposted 2 years ago

Yes, I have had the same problem today.

FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, at least I know it wasn't just me!

4. j-buchanan profile image79
    j-buchananposted 2 years ago

I'm having problems doing anything on here today, but I just thought it was because I'm new.  I have written my bio three times, and I swear I saved it all three times.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Try using the FB debugger.  Here is the link: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/    If it does not fix the issue, make a copy of report, send it with url to team@hubpages.com.   Most of the time it is an issue with HP coding.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94

^^ thanks for the tip. It's late so I'll give that a try tomorrow if the problem hasn't sorted itself out by then.

7. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

FB has always aggravated me one way or another every time I go near them. So, every once in awhile I throw a share at them and just walk away. Whatever they do with it or not, I don't even hang around to find out anymore.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image94

Hi Christy:
    Thanks for the tip about the "pending" status... that's news to me.

Anywhoo, I tried FB sharing that Hub again today (after I ran the link thru the little FB bug-detector thingy that LindaSmith shared a few posts back, just to be safe) and it posted normally, so I guess I'm all good.... we can now consider this case "closed" big_smile

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Glad to hear it! smile

9. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I just tested a facebook share and it worked for me. Maybe check the browser cache?

FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The problem seems to have taken care of itself. I was able to share as usual on FB the next day. Thanks.

working