jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

A Friendly Heads Up: Your Hub Could be Featured!

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image93
    Cari Kay 11posted 21 months ago

Published a Hub today and I'm just a mite confused.  It has no Amazon links and no sales or affiliate links of any kind.  It does have links to some of my other hubs (that go along with the topics in the hub).  Could that have been what caused this email?  Just published and it has a hub score already of 85 which never happens to my hubs. 

"We wanted to let you know that Ten Reasons Miscarriages are Misdiagnosed has the opportunity to become Featured! Featured Hubs are showcased on Topic Pages and Related Hubs listings. They are also made available to search engines. We want your Hub to succeed and strongly recommend dusting it off and making a few improvements.

The perks of a Featured Hub don't end at increased visibility online. Featured Hubs are likely to be more successful over the long run when it comes to traffic, earnings, and augmenting your personal online brand.

It's possible that your Hub is not Featured because it contains spammy elements. Perhaps it was written for a link, or has too many unrelated or distracting products capsules. Even Hubs that appear to be high quality can be spammy. We recommend that you remove any spammy elements that might be present in your Hub.

What else can you do to improve your Hub? High-quality Hubs are original, long form, and media rich. For starters, check out our Learning Center entry on How to Improve the Quality of a Hub for detailed tips, helpful links, and before/after example Hubs.

Thank you for taking the time to update and improve your work!

The HubPages team"
    Thanks for any feedback.  So, could linking to some of my other hubs cause this?  Basically, a number of the points have a link to a hub that explains in more detail.  I could easily lose those links though. Want to get rid of that 'spammy' element smile

1. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

spammy does it mean the sentences you had used are found somewhere else too, maybe that is the reason

2. Cari Kay 11 profile image93
      Cari Kay 11posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Okay, got a reply.  That was quick!  They didn't mention the hubs but they mentioned the other links for more information so I just removed those.   It's going back through the cycle.  We'll see if that did it.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 21 months ago

This is one of those instances where I'd write back to admin and ask for a more detailed explanation, because that feedback is so vague as to be utterly unhelpful.

They only give details to people who contact them and request them.  It saves time on their end, shifting that burden to the users who only get actual, specific help if they ask for it.

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image93
      Cari Kay 11posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I will do that.  I know I've emailed before and answers were pretty vague.  Took a lot of back and forth to get an answer but will go that route.   Thank you.  I've linked to my hubs in other hubs and not had a problem so I don't think it is that.  Off to email.  Thank you.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 21 months ago

I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this, but if you backlink in a way that creates a 'circle,' by linking hubs back & forth to each other, it can be a problem.