jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Get my remaining balance and closing account

1. virodrig profile image79
    virodrigposted 21 months ago

I would like t know how I go about getting the money for my remaining balance and close my account. When I went to close my account it stated that the money I have left in my account is subject to forfeit. Why is this? I think if you are not really getting traffic on here, than you have a right to get your money and close your account. Also, there is no way to get in contact with anyone on here other than reading numerous posts or having to create a forum topic if you're question hasn't been answered.

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Unfortunately these are the terms that we all agree to when we sign up to the HubPages site!
      Why not just leave your account 'sit' and gather the 'passive' income to bring it up to the Payout threshold ? smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Every writing site and affiliate site has the same rule, as far as I know.  There is a minimum payout threshold and if you don't reach that threshold, you can't collect your money.

2. Uzochukwu Mike profile image62
        Uzochukwu Mikeposted 19 months ago in reply to this

I will advice you to edit your hubs by changing few words and republish again. Once you do this, your hubs will receive traffic again because I observe it has been more than two years when you last edited.

With time, you will accumulate up to $50 and withdraw.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 21 months ago

Unless you have met payout minimum of $50 you won't be paid by HP until you do.  It is true that if you close your account, you forfeit all monies earned.   The best thing to do, is to wait until you meet payout and are paid those earnings before you close your account

You do have another option if you are not going to move your hubs. You can leave the hubs that you have, continue to collect earnings, and simply not produce anymore hubs.

Hub Pages does not pay you, will not pay you until you reach payout minimum.  They will take all money earned if you close account before you reach payout and get those earnings.  Is it fair? No, but that is HP and they do not bend at all.

1. virodrig profile image79
        virodrigposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

3. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 21 months ago

The contact email for HP is team at hubpages dot com.  If you want to collect your earnings and you don't have anywhere else to move the articles, you could just leave them here and wait til your account reaches $50.  Of course, if you are only making a few bucks a month and are a long ways away from the minimum, it might be a long wait. 

How many months away from making payout do you estimate you are, assuming you'll earn at the same rate?

4. MichaelMcNabb profile image84
      MichaelMcNabbposted 21 months ago

If it is under the payment threshold you simply don't get the money.  It legally means you haven't earned anything and aren't owed anything.   It's the agreement we all signed when we joined.

5. virodrig profile image79
      virodrigposted 19 months ago

Thank you for taking time to answer my question everyone. smile

1. paradigm search profile image81
        paradigm searchposted 19 months ago in reply to this

If you really want to abandon your account, you can give it to me. I'll leave your account numbers and PayPal in place until you have reached and received payout. smile

1. mary615 profile image94
          mary615posted 19 months ago in reply to this

Wow!  Can you do that??

2. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Actually, to do so might be a violation of the TOS.