jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Keep Writing or Sit Back and Wait?

1. lbrummer profile image94
    lbrummerposted 21 months ago

Like everyone else, it seems, my hub visits are showing 0 for the last 24 hrs.  While I trust that this glitch will be fixed, I’m wondering how everyone else is reacting to these glitches.  Do you keep right on writing new hubs, do you only make edits on existing hubs, or do you just do nothing but sit back and wait?
    I’m thinking it might be best to just keep on keeping on. That is, doing what I’d be doing if I never checked stats.  Then again, would it be easier for the engineering team if no new hubs were being added during the time they are fixing the problems?
    What do you do during the time glitches are being fixed?

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

i read other hubs and leave comments, didn't do any publishing yet, what about you?

2. hclpd profile image91
      hclpdposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I haven't published anything for last couple of days anyways. Let's see how things turn out.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I would continue to write, read, and anything else I would normally do on the site.  Let the HubPages staff figure out how to fix it.  If they wanted us to change our behavior, they would have told us.

In fact, I think that it might even be easier to keep writing without the distraction of checking the stats. It keeps you focused.

1. bonda profile image76
        bondaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

it is funny how i have told myself a hundred times not to check those stats.  They are distracting i say.  Keep your eye on the ball, which is developing new hubs.  I fail miserably.  It is easier sad than done.  What can i say.  Let me go and watch people on the bus.  Great inspiration.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I am indeed continuing to update my little heart out. I expect all my hubs will have the year 2015 date by the end of the month.

5. bonda profile image76
      bondaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

keep writing i guess. i get worried if i do not have any hub ideas for two days because i have a folder called HUB IDEAS.  i publish a hub then go to that folder and see what i can mold into a new one.  Therefore, it is bad news if i cannot replenish what i take out from that folder.   Maybe i should post this then take the bus.  i have developed more than 10 hubs by doing that.

6. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I go over to Google Analytics (free to set up with your Hubs), and check the far superior stats that never go down.

7. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

This is a known issue.
      There is a thread here.

2. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 21 months ago

I've been here years.  it's just a glitch of the stats server.  It's not something I'd be concerned about, or would take notice of.  It says 0, it'll be fixed.  Everything will be OK.

This site has consistently produced good results for me for close to 8 years now, without me really "breaking into a sweat" and without a major plan.  These distractions, such as 0 views showing, are just natural system glitches and it will be fixed.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 21 months ago in reply to this

It's happened before and stats were recovered quickly. My Hubs show "0" for a day, but Analytics shows many views. No reason to worry so far.

3. Cari Kay 11 profile image95
    Cari Kay 11posted 21 months ago

Glad you posted this...saw the 0 and knew something had to be wrong.

4. Artois52 profile image90
    Artois52posted 21 months ago

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me! It must be just a technical glitch if everyone is experiencing the same.

5. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 21 months ago

It's just a display glitch and I don't think anything we could do (other than refraining from bugging the heck out of the tech team about it) could make it easier for them to fix it.

If it disturbs you, you could write for your own enjoyment or for a different publisher or platform for the few days it will take for them to repair it. It might be a good idea to take a break from HubPages for a day or so if you're feeling wound up over it.

I plan to ignore it. The only glitches that cause me to change what I do on HubPages or any other site are those that hamper the creation, publishing, or editing process.

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image98
    Daughter Of Maatposted 21 months ago

I just check Google Analytics to see what's really going on. Then I go about my usual activities. I'm not going to stop writing because there's a glitch in the stats reporting system, especially if Google is reporting good traffic flow!! wink

Keep calm and write on big_smile

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 21 months ago

I don't have anything ready to publish at the moment anyway, glitch or no glitch.

I do have several work-in-progress hubs  that I was planning to work on over the weekend. Hopefully by the time I have at least one of those properly tweaked, sorted out and ready to go, this latest crisis will have blown over.

8. QuoteAmber profile image92
    QuoteAmberposted 21 months ago

I wouldn't worry about it and keep writing. I checked my Google Analytics today and despite my stats hitting zero on hubpages sometime late yesterday, Google Analytics showed that yesterday was one of my best days regarding views in the last month.