jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

About linking to other articles

1. maryjenga11 profile image81
    maryjenga11posted 2 years ago

I want to know how to link to another article on the internet. Is that allowed? Also, how do I get the bullets to work right on my text capsule? Thanks

1. monic-alang profile image90
      monic-alangposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dear maryjenga11,
      Of course, it’s allowed to link other but really helpful and quality sites. And you can add a link to other site or use bullets by clicking on edit button of capsule and then by using provided buttons on editing frame.

I've attached a screenshot I hope it'll help you...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12116354_f248.jpg

maryjenga11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok thank you.

1. monic-alang profile image90
          monic-alangposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome smile

2. maryjenga11 profile image81

Ok I tried using those bullets under format again, is not working for me. What  happens is it gives me only one bullet on the first line, not where I want it.   And even if  I just want a vertical list of items written the editor puts it as one sentence after I save it.  I need step-by-step instructions please. Thank you again.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
            rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you try placing each item or sentence on a separate line first?  Then highlight the content and click the bullet icon.  It should work this way.

Yes I put it on a different line but I didn't highlight it. I will try that. Thanks

2. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

But remember, no more than 2 links to same domain.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

But, you can link more than once to sites like Wikipedia, Flickr, newspapers, etc., and to other Hubs or pages on HubPages.

3. Ramkitten2000 profile image93
    Ramkitten2000posted 2 years ago

Re: bulleted list

Also (and this may be obvious), if you click enter after the first item -- that is, insert your cursor where you want the break -- a new bullet will appear on the next line.

Sometimes when I want to create a bulleted list out of existing content and I highlight and click the bullet icon, it does render the whole thing as one block next to one bullet, and I have to go in and separate out the items by doing what I just described ... if that helps.

Yes thanks

working