jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

about amazon

1. maryjenga11 profile image80
    maryjenga11posted 2 years ago

When does it say "active" for Amazon under my account. Does it take awhile to show that?   I thought I signed up to it right.

1. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you use HubPages' Amazon program or did you add your own Amazon Associates account?
      If you applied through HP, it might take some time to be approved and be active.

If you are using your own account, then it says something like "Not Active (but your external code trackingid-20 is active)"

2. maryjenga11 profile image80

Thanks, I used HP, but I also have an Amazon account and I did add tracking ID for HP on Amazon under manage tracking IDs I thought I seen I was approved somewhere earlier when I sgned up but under my account it says inactive. I wait & see.

1. neosurk profile image88
      neosurkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you can manage your tracking ids, you're already approved. So if you input one of the tracking ids under Amazon in External Affiliate settings, you're good to go.

It seems as if you're applying from HP for Amazon program. That's good if you want to reach the payout earlier and include those earnings in all HP bucket. Your choice nonetheless.

Good luck!

2. Writer Fox profile image74
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have signed up to use the HP Amazon Program, your settings on HP will show that your personal account is 'Inactive.'  This just means that you are using the HP Amazon Program instead of your personal account here.  If you change the setting to use your personal account, then if will show as 'active' here.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I use the HubPages Amazon account. Mine says active and my id looks like this hubacctXXXX. I don't know if it is a general number or my specific one so I x'd out the number.

1. Writer Fox profile image74

I don't use the HP Amazon program and this is what it says under my Account Settings:
          "Not Active (but your external code XXXXXX  is active)"

2. maryjenga11 profile image80
        maryjenga11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

OK understood thanks

1. Writer Fox profile image74

Mary, what is the exact message shown on your account settings for your Amazon setting?

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

If your account says inactive, you should really check all your settings to make sure you actually set it up properly and have applied.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Once you get your code, you have to add it to your settings.  If I remember from three years ago, as soon as I put in the code, it was active.

1. maryjenga11 profile image80
      maryjenga11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't remember getting a code from HP

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
        Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You don't need a code from HP. I think when you set it up, they automatically place it there.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I don't use HP Amazon program.  Mine is same as WF's

It shows HP Amazon Program ID, then says Not Active but External code,XXXXX is active.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

MT: HP puts code in for you.

7. maryjenga11 profile image80

OK thank you all!

working