jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

About brand names

1. maryjenga11 profile image81
    maryjenga11posted 2 years ago

Am i allowed to name brand name products even though they're not Amazon-related?   Thanks everyone for responding in a quick manner, I appreciate everyone's help!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image87
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes you are allowed to use brand names for products.   

You do want to avoid writing hubs that are too spammy, but I am sure you read the blog post and the forum posts about the new rules for that.

maryjenga11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes I read it thanks

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi mary,

Yes, it is ok to discuss brand names in your Hubs. As Millionaire Tips mentions, be sure to follow our product and spam guidelines. But there are certainly many instances where mentioning products or brands by name can be very useful and helpful to your readers. smile

OK thank you!

2. Shades-of-truth profile image87
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

maryjenga11 - I am not positive, but there is information on your question, here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99510

The information is a couple of years old, but should be accurate. Hopefully, one of the "long-time-Hubbers" will respond, if it is not.

Thanks again for helping!

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

How about HP just turn into an Ezine Articles site.  This way there aren't any products at all.  Then people can continue to write in poor English, lousy grammar, put up hubs with nothing but the same picture repeated over and over, or a sentence or two that is repeated over and over and over, the plagiarized content, and so on.  Afterall, this kind of crap isn't a problem on HP, and it isn't spammy. 

So happy I moved my hubs.  It will be Halloween here now with the witch hunts!!!   Love the sales coming in and the commission is all mine.

working