jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Add Bookmark Function

1. Digital MD profile image92
    Digital MDposted 21 months ago

I've been wondering how hubbers save interesting hubs that they come across.

I think a personal bookmark function withing the hubber's profile, for specific hubs may be useful. This is better in contrast to the arduous process of (1) trying to remember the hubber who wrote the article (2) then linking from the profile page from where you have found that informative hub on specific topics (3) searching his/her hundreds of hubs, and figuring out the exact title of the article.

Of course, you can easily just use the bookmark function with your internet browser, but maybe it can encourage more 'sense of community' if you "favorite/bookmark" your fellow hubber's article. Also, it can be more accessible when you use multiple devices/PC/tablets/phones as compared if you just use the function of Firefox or Chrome of your home PC.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 21 months ago

When people have made this request in the past, admin has pointed out that you can use your own browser, or any number of bookmarking websites/services that already exist, to keep track of Hubs you like.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 21 months ago

FYI - there used to be a bookmark feature a few years ago, and it was discontinued. As I recall, it used up server space and other resources, but an analysis of it showed that the percentage of people taking advantage of the feature and the ratio of Hubbers who bookmarked hubs and accessed them afterward did not justify the upkeep of continuing it. Since that feature is duplicated in our browsers, it made sense to not spend time or HP resources to maintain it on the site.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 21 months ago

I would mention that I've written a hub on how to create one's own bookmarking website, but that would be wrong.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
    Phyllis Doyleposted 21 months ago

It is quite easy to bookmark any hub by using your own bookmark function on your browser. There is really no reason for HubPages to install a bookmark function when we have our own personal one on our computer.