jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

would appreciate advice on my first movie review hub

1. Jaason profile image81
    Jaasonposted 2 years ago

Hi, I have just finished editing my first published hub and would love if you can read it and provide advice before I start planning my next hub.

Thank you!

Link
    http://jaason.hubpages.com/hub/The-Baba … -loved-one

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

One suggestion - make sure you understand how to do photo credits.   I have a Hub on how to do it properly, you'll find it in the slider on my profile.   Linking to the photo itself is the wrong way to do it.  Also if you use photos from sites like News.com.au, they're liable to sue you - all their photos are copyright - so careful!

Jaasonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for your advice, your article really helped and I've already changed the photos

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Another FYI: The photo "Amelia and North" is marked on Flickr as "not for commercial use" with a dollar sign crossed out, so it cannot be used on HubPages, which is considered all commercial.

Hope you enjoy writing your reviews at HP.

I was a bit uncertain on whether I can use that photo or not, so thank you for pointing that out and I'll be more careful next time

I was very confused about images and their usage during my first year on the site. Hope your writing goes smoothly!

Thank you! btw I have a few questions on using images
                1. Are you allowed to use images from blogs such as blogs that contain pictures of films?
                2. do you know any sites where I can find non-copyright film pictures?

Most images from films are copyrighted as far as I know, except films in the public domain (mostly a few old black and white movies).

Contact the blog owners you mention about using their images and see if they will give you permission to use them. It could be that they needed permission from the distributing and production studios to use them inthe first place.

ahk I will contact them and thanks again for your advice

2. maryjenga11 profile image81
      maryjenga11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I thought the article was good , but seen 2 mispelled words, good job on your first!

Hi thank you for reading it and your feedback, I wil certainly look into finding those misspelled words and fix it

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

I enjoyed your Hub, I liked the film, watched it on Halloween. Try shorting your title. Why not cut it down, rake the statement " A chilling and horrific journey on the grief of a loved one" to just below the large photo. Sometimes it helps to shorten a title. If you have some followers have them leave a bit of feedback. Otherwise I think you did a great job.

That's a really great idea and I will change the title. I currently have no followers but will do that in the future. Thank you so much for reading my hub and the idea and i'm glad you liked it, will post more soon

working