jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

AVG false warning for hubpages.com

1. LasanthaW profile image78
    LasanthaWposted 2 years ago

Whenever I visit hubpages.com site, my AVG Internet Security gives a warning stating that hubpages.com is vulnerable. It says "This site might be vulnerable. Sharing personal information on this site is not advised. Learn more".

Even when I exit the message, it comes again after 3 or 4 seconds. I don't get this message for any other web site. It comes only when I visit HubPages. 

Anyone knows why it is coming like this? I can of course include Hubpages.com as an exception in AVG. But why it is coming like this? 

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12122897_f1024.jpg

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lasantha,

The warning was a false positive on a previous version of AVG. If you update AVG to the latest version, the warning should disappear.

You can find a related forum thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2627471

2. LasanthaW profile image78
    LasanthaWposted 2 years ago

I use AVG 2015 latest version.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm having this issue again too. Maybe an older version didn't have this false positive, but the current one does. I did click on the link to stop getting this error message and that does work.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My apologies, I thought AVG had cleared this for us. As you can see, their website lists HubPages as safe, but apparently they have not updated the software to reflect the same.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
          paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It frustrates me as to how a single act can cause so much ramifications.

Then again, when done well, it is a good thing. Not as to HP of course. Others.

working