jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Random comments on hubs

1. K Kiss profile image73
    K Kissposted 21 months ago

I just signed in today and found 19 comments most of them being random thank you comments about how happy they are to have found my blog. They didn't seem like spam as no links were there. Where did all these comments come from. Some comments don't even make sense as they seem like they commented as a reply to some other comment which does not exist!!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi K Kiss,

These may not have links or be promoting products, but comments like these are still considered spam. It's a good idea to change your comment settings to require your approval before comments appear on your Hubs (if you haven't already). Then report the comments as spam to help us track down and stop the spammers.

2. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Maybe they came over from Bubblews, the land of irrelevant comments.

2. Barack James profile image87
    Barack Jamesposted 21 months ago

Hi K Kiss, me too have been finding so many comments some in languages I don't understand, some in English but with poor spelling, and some are very irrelevant to hub's content. For me I mark them as spam and delete them, I only approve comments that make sense.

3. K Kiss profile image73
    K Kissposted 21 months ago

Thanks a lot. My comments don't appear till approval so that's not a problem. Was just surprised by the sheer amount of ridiculous comments tongue