jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Notification of new Hubs

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 2 years ago

I remember at one time, I would get an email notifying me of new Hubs written by my followers.  I no longer get that.  Am I wrong about this??

1. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No, Mary, you're not wrong. I hadn't been getting individual notifications for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I went into my profile and clicked on email notifications. I had to change the way I was notified of hubs by people I follow. I don't know how it got un-changed, but all is good now. I'm getting them individually. I appreciate the group notification we get, too. But it's much less of a time-eater if I can read them as they come up rather have to take time out to read 10 or more at a time.

mary615posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  I'll check my profile.  I know I miss many new Hubs written by my followers, and I don't want that!

I don't know how preferences get changed in our profiles, but obviously mine did. I didn't think anyone but us had access to our profiles, given we have to answer a secret question to edit anything!

Yep, my settings have changed!!  I don't understand, but now I have requested to be notified when a follower publishes a new Hub.  Wonder how that happens??

No clue, Mary. Our profile areas should be secure. Apparently, they're not.

2. bravewarrior profile image94

No clue, Mary. Our profile areas should be secure. Apparently, they're not.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
              Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi mary and bravewarrior,

Sorry this happened! This is more likely a bug than an unauthorized person logging in and changing your settings. Glad you've been able to set it to rights.

Thanks, Christy!

working