jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

100,000 visits since September on a transferred Squidoo account...

1. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 21 months ago

My mythphile account just ticked over 100,000 visits today, despite my deleting quite a few hubs from it after it came over from Squidoo in September. I was not able to do much on the computer between October through December, so most of that traffic is from before I began revising them.

I should be done with triage on that account by the end of today. Unfortunately, my other, smaller ex-Squidoo accounts still need more work, but I've taken care of the better-trafficked pages in those already.

I still need to do a great deal more editing before I'm satisfied with the transferred pages. But the important thing is to rebuild all the content that didn't come over during the transfer (or which Squidoo glitches had mangled previously).

All right, coffee break over. Back to editing.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations, and well done on your hard work! Hopefully the edits on the smaller accounts will go more quickly.

2. CuAllaidh profile image81
    CuAllaidhposted 21 months ago

nice... congrats, that's quite the milestone

3. Dressage Husband profile image80
    Dressage Husbandposted 21 months ago

Which just goes to prove that quality original work will get traffic no matter where it is on the web. I wish that people would stop grousing in the forums and take an example from your work ethic. I am making as much here as at Squidoo and the team are definitely more approach able.

I am glad you are still doing well.

4. aesta1 profile image88
    aesta1posted 21 months ago

Congrats. With your excellent skills, this is really not surprising. Wish you more this 2015.

5. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 21 months ago

1. ologsinquito profile image92
      ologsinquitoposted 21 months ago in reply to this

6. Shades-of-truth profile image85
    Shades-of-truthposted 21 months ago

Good job, Greekgeek! I always enjoyed reading your work, and so glad others have indicated they do, too!

7. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 21 months ago

Congratulations! Good job.

8. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 21 months ago

Whew! Thanks everyone.

I wonder how many Squids are as wiped out as I am. No matter when the deadline was, we'd still manage to be working feverishly right up until the cutoff.

I unpublished about 20 hubs that need more thoughtful revision, but I've done at least some edits to 118 hubs since Saturday. I didn't have time to rewrite much (although I did some); mostly I focused on replacing lost images, deleting Amazon Associates links, and stamping out red skulls tripped by said links.

I haven't even started bailing out guestbook comments. I'm going to be brutal; if it's not useful to readers, I'm hiding it. I never allowed link drops in comments, but there's a lot of "nice lens" comments that make no sense to visitors even if they're a welcome ego-pat to me.

It felt good pruning the deadwood.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image85
      Shades-of-truthposted 21 months ago in reply to this

And, I'll bet you were exhausted!

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

That really is impressive, very well done, an amazing achievement.

1. Sharlee01 profile image67
          Sharlee01posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations,  your hub's are a cut above. You pick current interesting subjects, your writing skills are impeccable. I like how your photo's, looks as most are your own work. I so enjoy your hubs... Keep up the great work.