jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

What should we do to make our hub go viral ?

1. muruk2012 profile image60
    muruk2012posted 2 years ago

Fellow hubbers , I often get confused how to make viral hubs. Do you have any ideas to make a hub go viral that we could also practice ?

1. Suzanne Day profile image96
      Suzanne Dayposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Anything hilariously funny, amazingly interesting or visually exciting will help your chances dramatically.

2. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 24 months ago in reply to this

A couple of the best ways to get something to go viral is to have researched a topic that hasn't been written on yet, and hope it gets shared on social sites. Or, prepare for some Breaking News on a hunch, on a popular topic or person, and hope your hunch is right and is Big News.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I like this one.

1. colorfulone profile image86
          colorfuloneposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I hit it on a hunch once upon a time (5 years ago) that was big news.  And, I know of someone who did it on a freshly researched Facebook topic that went viral on FB. - Thanks @paradigmsearch

2. theglen profile image79
    theglenposted 24 months ago

Create relevant content that is evergreen and allow it to reach the 3rd circle. If it quality and placed proper it will go viral. Although you can push it to 2 million people and reach 20,000 or more. but thats not considered viral.

1. seraphic profile image87
      seraphicposted 24 months ago in reply to this

What is the Third Circle?

3. Niko Linni profile image84
    Niko Linniposted 24 months ago

I once heard a "How to" YouTube article say going viral isn't the way to go - yeah you'll get a lot of views, but the fame you get will be short lived. I'd say like a fireworks show going off, I guess. But I suppose depending on how you handle yourself during that time you could keep it going and maintain some popularity (or a large amount of it) and build off of it.

And of course you could always post something controversial. That'll pretty much always get clicks, especially if timed with recent events.

4. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 24 months ago

I'll be making a viral post elsewhere tomorrow. It's already written, has something to do with cats.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

lol lol

I posted it. It got a grand slam total of 13 views. I really thought that a post entitled How to Impregnate Your Cat would have really had a shot. Oh, well.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

hahaha, That's some title. lol Jeez,I wonder why it didn't go viral!

The internet really is a tough town. What's a poor writer to do?

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 24 months ago

Oddly my view count is now 27.

working