jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Innapropriate Ad..check your hubs

1. pumpkincat210 profile image85
    pumpkincat210posted 21 months ago

I was looking over one of my hubs about buying a home and where I had an amazon ad placed for a year subscription of better homes and gardens magazine,  there was instead an offer for a subscription to playboy, including the magazine cover.   I use keywords and categories to get relevant amazon ads for my hubs and as of yesterday the correct ad was showing.  I don't know how the magazine ad showed as its completely irrelevant and innapropriate.  I kind of freaked and removed all of my amazon capsules just in case, although only 1 was affected. 

I'm sorry I should have gotten a screenshot for the HP staff, but again, I freaked and removed the capsule.  will email the staff about this though.  check your hubs!

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
      Shades-of-truthposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Great...just what we need. That is why I always use a specific product from Amazon. I simply do not trust any automated input from Amazon or anywhere else.

Thank you for the "heads up"!

2. tlcs profile image78
    tlcsposted 21 months ago

The thought of having to look through all of my hubs (although I haven't as many as some) is not something I relish! But thank you for letting us know, I would be outraged at the thought of anything that doesn't relate to my hub being in the hub.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago

I also choose specific products because you never know when some weird thing will pop up using the keywords.  Probably the keyword you were using also was used in that particular issue. Maybe they were showing images of someone "at home".

4. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 21 months ago

I read a thread before with this kind of Oops occurring.
    I just would not leave something like that to chance.