jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Tool to see when Google Panda and others have hit your hub

1. liladybugz26 profile image87
    liladybugz26posted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I happen to come across this really interesting free tool yesterday called Penguin 2.1. It hooks up with Google Analytics to access hubs and shows the exact dates your hub has been hit by Panda, Penguin, Structural, Local, and other Google programs. It goes several years back, and you can adjust the dates. It also shows the landing page and keyword variance, and compares it against when it has been viewed/struck by the program.

I thought I would share this if anybody is interested: panguintool.barracuda-digital co uk

Rachael

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12138254.png

1. janderson99 profile image86
      janderson99posted 2 years ago in reply to this
        liladybugz26posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you janderson99. I didn't know if I could post the link here so I posted it in edited form. Next time I'll know. wink

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As far as I can see, all it does is overlay the dates of Google updates over your own traffic graph.  It's not telling you whether your site was hit.  You can see whether your traffic takes a jump or drop on the same day as a update, and if so, you might conclude that the update was the reason - that's all.

Correct, you can see if your hub was affected (hit) by the update, and shows when other events have affected your hub.

This is exactly what the tool does (from their webpage):

Via Google Analytics we have access to our organic Google traffic data, and thanks to SEOmoz’s Google Algorithm Change History we have a documented timeline of the major Google updates. Would it not be great if we could see the two together? Well that is exactly what our tool does.

Once you log-in to the tool you will be able to see your Google organic data from the last 12 months, overlaid with some vertical lines which represent the different Google algorithm updates. By simply rolling over an update you can see what Google was trying to target and then examine if your website may have been affected or not.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Kind of a neat tool, lil. Thanks for sharing. smile

You are most welcome Christy!

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

Most interesting!  I have it up right now.  Thanks.

You are most welcome Dale!

working