jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Hub views increased 600% over night, but hub scored dropped?

1. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 2 years ago

Yesterday I spent time reading some advice forums on here and I picked one of my hubs that used to get decent views, but suddenly hadn't been getting any in a while. It was my "10 Fun and Interesting ways to raise money for a Charity Fundraiser" hub.

It's only been averaging 0-2 views per day for a while. I went through proofreading, editing and optimizing for SEO after reviewing the few used searches.

At first the hub score went up by one (88 instead of 87) last night. I logged in a few minutes ago and noticed the hub score dropped to an 83, but had 14 views (don't sound like much, but it's a 600% increase over night!).

So I'm wondering, if the traffic increased, why did the score drop?

1. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's normal for hubscore to drop after editing. It can be discouraging but it doesn't mean your edits didn't help. The score may go up after a while, sometimes just a few days or two. Also, some of those 14 views are your own if you were previewing to see how your edits looked. Good luck!

1. Writer Fox profile image77
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. Bills Place profile image82
        Bills Placeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't consider it counting my own views, but that would only be 1 or 2 at most so still got an increase I guess. Thanks for the response.

2. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think there are quite a bit of criteria for Hubscore and it's hard to tell what criterion is kicking in at a given time. Traffic might pick up but other factors might be factoring in at the time to determine Hubscore.

There is a tendency for the score to fluctuate and a bit difficult to tell why. Main thing is to write good stuff.

1. Bills Place profile image82
        Bills Placeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the response, I've never understood why they fluctuate and don't just have a standard score. They like to keep us confused, that's for sure.

working