jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Have you noticed anything weird about your Hubs...

1. Fred Arnold profile image60
    Fred Arnoldposted 21 months ago

So I'm going through my Hubs and making sure they are mobile/desktop friendly. I noticed that a lot of my hub capsules have ridiculous amounts of spaces to them after the paragraph ends. It makes it so there is a bunch of white space between the sections of my Hubs. Has anyone else noticed this? It's pretty weird.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Try putting your cursor on the last full stop in your paragraph to make sure that you did not perhaps leave a few lines of white space below the stop before continuing with the hub.

1. viryabo profile image88
        viryaboposted 21 months ago in reply to this

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
          Jean Bakulaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The new one was featured in a few hours after I posted it. But I didn't realize about 8 of my older hubs were no longer featured, or had that half circle symbol. I fixed them up as best I could, and my score went up today. Some of them had that white space, but after 4 yrs. here I've fixed all those. They were picked to be not featured for various reasons. I did what I could to fix them, but writerly wise, I couldn't do a lot with a few of them.

Yes, the white spaces showed up about a year or so ago when they were making the hub format more friendly for reading on mobile devices.

2. moonlake profile image90
      moonlakeposted 21 months ago in reply to this

If you have to much white space in your capsules go into edit of that capsule, Click HTML on the far left.
      You should only have one </p> after the last word in the last paragraph. If you have more, delete the extra ones. That should take care of the white space in the capsule.
      Hope I understood exactly what your saying. This is the only way I know to get rid of white space.

2. Shades-of-truth profile image88
    Shades-of-truthposted 21 months ago

I noticed that on a couple of my articles, right after they came to HP from Squidoo. I clicked on the text capsules in question, and noticed that I did have some empty spaces that were there, after the last sentence of text in each capsule. I simply backed the cursor up to where the text should end, and that eliminated the issue.

Sallybea's excellent suggestion is probably the answer to your issue.

3. Fred Arnold profile image60
    Fred Arnoldposted 21 months ago

What is weird is I am not a squidoo transfer! Haha. I haven't went through the capsules to each Hub since I posted them, and when I posted them they certainly were not like that! I fixed them up and they look a hell of a lot better!

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
      Jean Bakulaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I have noticed large white spaces on several of my hubs today tool. They were also unfeatured as well. They are all ones I wrote about 3 years ago, and didn't get a lot of engagement, but there isn't much I can add to the information. I just added a new hub, and now I'm almost sorry I bothered. If you write a book review, it isn't going to change, I can't add more except maybe a few more books by the same author. But then they will say I added too many Amazon capsules.

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I 'm not sure I understand your problem.  I looked at your new Hub and didn't see any extra white spaces and that Hub looks like it is featured.

4. 60
    Terrancestokes27posted 21 months ago

Ive notice it i thought it was me

5. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 21 months ago

OMG, Fred Ardnold, yes! I'm so glad you posted this. It's been bothering me for a couple weeks. I've been deleting capsules, rearranging capsules, and reformatting the hubs to fix them. I have also found that some of the spaces are not permanent. The capsules move slowly like there's a delay in the entire hub showing hub. Sounds like a glitch.

Edit: You may want to post this under Technical Problems. It's not the issue others are referring to where we sometimes leave too much space at the bottom of the capsule when we create the hub. It has to do with space between capsules and formatting.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Sometimes it has to do with adding too many capsules like photo or Amazon that will exceed the length of the adjacent text. I've noticed this on a lot of hubs with white space on the area above the "fold". It also has to do with too many carriage returns at the end of the text as others have pointed out.