jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Liking the DMCA filing feature here at HP

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

Was looking over another account and saw the notices that a few hubs of mine had been copied. I checked them in the "copied hubs" tab and noticed there's a handy link for filing a DMCA, with an example email to use and various handy links, including one to WhoIs to find contact info on offending sites. Made filing the DMCA pretty easy. Cool stuff.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Agreed - that's been so helpful to me!

NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. And very effective so far. The site I sent a DMCA notice to has already replied saying the content has been removed.

3. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

I hope I do not need to use that, but it sure does sound like HP helps make a somewhat painful situation easy to resolve.

Exactly, colorfulone.

4. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 2 years ago

I used that DMCA and got a reply from Google, too. They have removed the file I reported but could not find the other one. However, the red copied sign is still in my hub. I found it very easy to use.

5. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

On the downside, just went through LinkedIn's unnecessarily complicated DMCA filing process and not even sure if it went through. My god.

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Er...I know this sounds like an obvious question. But...
      Did someone copy your content on LinkedIn of all places?

They put one of my articles on slideshare, which I guess LinkedIn owns. I don't know very much about LinkedIn, though I have an account there which I had to get to start freelance writing at another site. slideshare looks like one of those sites where they'll put a whole book or a bunch of articles on a pdf-like file, and anyone can read it. There's another site like it, which I can't remember the name right now.

1. colorfulone profile image88
          colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had forgotten about Slideshare and didn't realize LinkedIn owns it. I guess I can see why they would make filing a DMCA difficult. I hope that DMCA took.

I was reading about the 28 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2015 From the Pros
          http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/soci … -for-2015/

working