jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Share Hubs on mobile browser using share function in browser

1. stricktlydating profile image85
    stricktlydatingposted 2 years ago

When I use Hubpages for mobile, my Hubs do not have any share buttons on them. I have no way to share them accept by copying the URL. But I can't share my Hubs with my Hubpages followers that way. So I switched to the desktop mode, and the share buttons do appear, but they aren't functional, nothing happens when I click on any of the icons. This wasn't a problem before the recent margin and ad changes I would share my pages with Hubbers and on social media sites regularly using these icons, but now I can't unless I log on to my laptop, but it's inconvenient. I'm usually here on my phone. Are the new margin changes incompatible with Window mobile phones? Is this a known issue? I want my readers to be easily able to share my Hubs, and this problem is also making it difficult for me to share them.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Most mobile browsers include a native share function.
      You can find instructions for Internet Explorer on Window Phone at the bottom of this page.
      http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-t … l-networks

stricktlydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Matthew, thank you for that link, now I see I have an alternative to copying the URL when I want to share a page on my Social networks, but still there doesn't seem to be a way for Hubbers to share Hubs with followers from a Windows phone, and I'm really missing being able to do this with the new margin changes. Do you know if they're going to fix this issue with the share buttons not appearing for readers visiting Hubpages on a Windows phone? They were fully functional until the margins were changed so surely it's a glitch?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

iOS, Windows Phone, and Android all have their own sharing mechanism included with the browsers.  Since the function exists on all the major mobile platforms, we removed the social sharing buttons from the mobile site and currently have no plans to add the sharing buttons back to mobile.

stricktlydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew, I really appreciated your replies.

working