jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hub and Hubber scores have greatly changed in a period of 2 days.

1. Jan Saints profile image78
    Jan Saintsposted 21 months ago

I've noticed something funny with my hub and hubber scores. The mean hub score has risen from 72-79 while the hubber score has dropped from 90-79, and the process is going on.  What could be the problem?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jan, the FAQ explains how HubScore is determined, while Hubber Score is a combination of the overall quality of your Hubs as well as your participation in the HP Community (commenting on Hubs, participating in the Forums, using Q&A, etc).

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 21 months ago in reply to this

There is a former HP staff member who left the platform on May 31, 2013.  Since then, she has published zero new Hubs and has had zero activity (no comments, no forum posts, no Q&A).  Her Hubber Score is 97.  It doesn't look like recent activity has much to do with Hubber Scores!

2. janshares profile image87
      jansharesposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Yes, Jan Saints, I've noticed a lot of fluctuations in scores, in a downward direction, especially in hubs and hubscore average in the last few days, quite drastic. I'm not sure exactly what it is. It's definitely not business as usual. I am aware that updates are happening regarding stricker QAP, having too many ads, and too many links that trigger a "SPAM" detector. But it may be more than that.

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
        Jean Bakulaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I had a lot of hubs not featured for petty things the other day. One book review was not featured because someone else reviewed the book and it had the same title. Of course, if two people review the same book, it's the same title. I put the author's name first, and it was featured again. But the review was 4 yrs. old, so why pick on it now?

I also had a recipe that I wrote before the new recipe capsule was made. I have changed all my hubs so many times, and never thought recipes should be allowed on a writer's site, because they are copied from magazines or our relative's recipes, so aren't "writing."

I see hubs with about 200 words and 10 Amazon capsules on them, and I'm flagging them. In general, all my hub scores went down. I have had a lot of plagiarized hubs too. Although HP does give you a start to track the thief down, at least half of my inquiries come back saying the site is no longer in existence. But the red mark on your account page never goes away.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 21 months ago

I just noticed a hubber who had their hubs unpublished due to keyword stuffed summaries has a hubber score of 94.  How does this happen if scores are based on overall quality?

3. aesta1 profile image88
    aesta1posted 21 months ago

I don't understand why these scores are still there. I hope they'll disappear if they truly don't matter. They just cause unnecessary headaches. I have a sneaky suspicion that they do matter.

4. maryjenga11 profile image80
    maryjenga11posted 21 months ago

My hubber score keeps me on edge. If it drops I start to stress. I wonder how low can the score go? I would feel better if the hubber score was private