jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Image not checked on tool bar for hub

1. Kristen Howe profile image82
    Kristen Howeposted 21 months ago

I've recently updated a hub with an image. But the check mark doesn't count for the image on the hub content tool bar.  But I did get this message: Does this Hub answer the question in its title? Answering the question of your Hub’s title early helps prevent your readers from leaving prematurely.  So any ideas why I get this message, when I always answer it in my hubs, when it's not checked off on top.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

The automated system can't determine if your Hub does answer the question and is just advising that in general, a Hub should answer the question or topic covered in the title. Misleading titles will result in readers leaving a Hub once they see the title didn't match actual Hub content.

As far as the image and the progress bar in the HubTool, what is the title of the Hub in question?

2. Kristen Howe profile image82

Pilates Practitioner 101: Take Five with Winter Warm Up Tips I added a Swimming inversion exercise image to the top. The warm up tips are at the bottom of the hub.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 21 months ago

This problem was highlighted a LONG time ago and the answer was that a low quality image that is potentially pixelated will not tick the box - maybe that is the answer..

4. calculus-geometry profile image86
    calculus-geometryposted 21 months ago

I've had this problem too when the image is much wider than it is tall, like when I insert an image of a long equation in a math article.  It seems the hub editor thinks the image is an image divider bar and not a 'true' image.  Divider bar images do not get checked off.

5. Kristen Howe profile image82

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I would have to find a new image that's high quality than low in order to be ticked off.