jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Payment from hubpages. I have been on hubpages for over a year. I have

1. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 21 months ago

not seen money go anywhere. I know when I first signed up I did all the right things. Where is the money. Every month I go into my account and I see some money. Okay basically I never made it past $1 earnings, pretty pathetic since in the beginning I was writing a lot. But where is it? It is not in my bank account? What am I or did I do wrong?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi lisa,

Payment will be automatically issued to the PayPal account we have on file for you the month after you've reached the minimum payout amount of $50. You can read more about how it works in the HubPages FAQ.

It's normal for authors to not earn much for their first year (and sometimes longer) on HubPages because it can take a while for Google to start sending traffic to your Hubs. Also, I see that most of your Hubs are creative writing, which, unfortunately, does not usually make much money online because most internet users are not actively searching for it.

You can see your balance here.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

You get paid on the 28th of each month, if you have earned if you have at least a $50 balance at the end of the previous month.  Look at your balance history and see how you are doing.

You can get more details by clicking on help at the top right, and reading the FAQ. The Learning Center also has more details.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 21 months ago

Have you reached the minimum payment threshold? I'm going to guess you haven't yet.  When you do, you will be paid near the end of the following month.  For example if you hit the $50 threshold in January, you would receive payment in February.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image60
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 21 months ago

I looked at you profile and noticed you have just few featured topics. They are to small to accumulate $50 for you.

personally, within one year of approval from google adsense I am likely to get two payouts.

I encourage you to write more on educational topics or topics you know people will search for through search engines.

Write as many quality topics as possible. Goodluck.

4. clivewilliams profile image81
    clivewilliamsposted 21 months ago

Dear lisa, you are not sailing in that ship alone....many are including myself. I hope one day before i am buried i will see some real cash:-)
    They say things take time, lets see!!!!!

5. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 21 months ago

Thanks to all of you for responding to my question. I did not know about the $50 minimum. Yes I tend to write poetry and short stories so I understand why I may not get many views. As for my unfeatured hubs, well I found this to be very annoying that the hub editors decide we must re-write our hubs. I just have not had the time to do so. I will however write more educational articles and choose topics of discussion that would get more views. Thanks to all, now I understand that making money on hubpages is not an easy thing to do.

1. Uzochukwu Mike profile image60
      Uzochukwu Mikeposted 21 months ago in reply to this

As you write, make sure you have not less than three pictures in each article (hub) because it will help your hubs to be easily featured.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Three pictures, or four, or ten are not the determining factor in whether a hub becomes featured or not.  You should read the post I wrote a few days ago about featuring hubs.  It gives a good explanation of this.