jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Could HP staff add this?

1. Pop Culture World profile image86
    Pop Culture Worldposted 2 years ago

Could HP staff add a checkbox to open in a new window for the text linking option?

For example, if we add an Amazon text link, there is an option to have nofollow, but no option to open in a new window.

In addition, what is everyone's opinion on this? should Amazon text links pop up in a new window, or do you think an HP page should advance to the Amazon page itself?

I think it would be good to have the "open new window" option so that we get the commission if they buy anything on Amazon in 24 hours, but also we can keep people's attention on our hubs too.

2. Sylvia Leong profile image87
    Sylvia Leongposted 2 years ago

I agree!  Every single link should open in a new window.  There are some folks on here who have posted the code on how to make links open in a new window.  Unfortunately, when I try, it doesn't work for me.

Pop Culture Worldposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Syvia, I have the HTML code for opening in a new window with Amazon info, but I have no idea how to add the HTML to it that would allow me to make it no follow.

So it would be nice to be able to do all three with their link dialogue box.

3. novator profile image61
    novatorposted 2 years ago

Its a simple coding correction that the Hubpage programmers could handle in less than an hour.

Pop Culture Worldposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree!

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure that admin's response in the past was that since Google views opening new windows and pop-up ads as the same action, that's why it's not active here.  Either that or it's because individuals users can set their preferred default action in their browsers and thus override whatever setting the site itself might have.

working