jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Taxes W9 help

1. Cloestories profile image60
    Cloestoriesposted 24 months ago

Is Taxes time and I was wondering how to get a copie of the W9. I have not earning in 2014 because I just starte, but the tax office want a copie....Someone in the same situation?

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 24 months ago in reply to this

In the USA a W9 is used only to verify your social security number and name. It has little to do with income taxes.
      You may be meaning "1099", which shows how much you were paid  as a business owner or independent contractor.
      Last I heard Paypal sends out or makes available a 1099 for amounts that were paid to you.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 24 months ago in reply to this

We talk about tax forms being issued in the FAQ here.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#taxforms

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 24 months ago

If you did not earn in that tax year you have nothing to declare.  There is no such thing as a W9 declaring 0.00 earnings.  The tax office will not want anything like that.

3. Cloestories profile image60
    Cloestoriesposted 24 months ago

Thanks. I'm European and I'm trying to do the right thing. I appreciate your help!

4. psycheskinner profile image81

So long as you are in a EU nation with a tax treaty, you will declare income there the same as you usually do.

5. Barbara Kay profile image84
    Barbara Kayposted 24 months ago

My understanding it that a 1099 doesn't need to be sent out until you have earned $1500 from a business. We are considered contract workers here. Hubpages says that Paypal issues the 1099's. Well they don't, because I have never gotten one from them and I have earned over that much in different years.  I just figure my total by going to my Paypal account and adding it all up.

6. psycheskinner profile image81

Indeed. Declaring it with no 1099 is a pain. What Paypal does is give you a way to find out what amount to declare. They gave certainly never sent me a 1099

working