jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I can't tell if someone copied my hub or not on issuu?

1. QuoteAmber profile image91
    QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago

I got a warning that someone may have copied my hub, but when I checked the site, I can't actually tell if someone copied my hub or not. It seems like someone posted my article on issuu.com, sort of like how someone would pin an article on pinterest. Except the difference between issuu and pinterest is that you can read my entire article on issuu. It's really weird, the whole article is posted like its an actual publication in a scientific journal and the pictures on it are not the original pictures from my article. And at the end of the article on issuu, a link is provided back to my article on hubpages. That is why I have no idea if someone actually copied the hub or not.

I checked out the site a little, but I still have no idea what is going on here. Have any of you heard of issuu or had problems with them? Do I file a DCMA? I'm just a little confused.

1. mr-veg profile image57
      mr-vegposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think File a DCMA !! After all it's your article..

2. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you should file a regular DMCA notice.  Using your work violates the guidelines of the website: http://issuu.com/legal/dmca

Here's where you send the notice: copyright@issuu.com

QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, that is good to know. Thank you!

3. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

File the report. I have had some issues with Issuu and they may take a while to respond, but don't let that deter you at all.

QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay, good. Thank you!

working