jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: A Mother's Love

1. LynetteBell profile image80
    LynetteBellposted 21 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub A Mother's Love. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Lynette. I took a look at your hub, and here are my thoughts.  When I edit a hub, I don't think about what to do to get it featured for quality. I think about how to make it the best hub it can be for the reader.

You write well; I didn't get stopped by grammar and spelling errors. 

Your hub seems to have a lot of different things in it.  One, it is a personal tribute to  your relationship with your mother. Two, it is advice on how other people should celebrate mother's day, three, it provides some products that you can buy for mother's day, four, it provides a series of videos of flowers you can make, and then it has links to verses you can use.

I would recommend narrowing your focus.  What is your goal? Who is your targeted reader?  Figure out what you want to tell them and, instead of providing a smorgasbord, give them the main entree. The videos and the links to verses really didn't seem to have much tie-in and I would delete those. Change the title to fit the theme of the hub, since Mother's Love is very general.

I would put the photo attributions under the images. You have a general statement that images came from a particular site, but that site is not available, and it looks like it used to be a sales site. This means you aren't allowed to use those images. There is one image you took, but the attribution is so far away, I wasn't sure which one it was, although I'm pretty sure it is the teddy bear one. You can include more of your own, or you can use one of the free sites. I go to search.creativecommons.org to get mine.

LynetteBellposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to view my hub and giving your feedback.  I can see that I have been added things piece meal resulting in a disjointed effect.  I'll get to on improving things.

2. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 21 months ago in reply to this

i just read your hub, I would say the title should be "A tribute to my mom on mother's day" The whole article is ok except for the arts and video should be place another hub.

3. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi Lyn, I just finished reading it and really enjoyed your tribute to your Mom.  smile

4. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I second what Millionaire Tips has offered in the way of helping make this the quality hub you want to have featured. As sweet as it reads, it touches on a variety of topics which would make great hubs each in their own right. Like MT said, focus on what you really want the specific topic of Mother's Love to reveal. Some of the products may not be directly related to that, which can cause issues with getting featured.

2. Hicks Days profile image61
    Hicks Daysposted 21 months ago

i just finished read it smile for me, the title is so catchy, i didn't hesitate to read/view it the moment i saw the title.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago

You hub could be a lot more orderly in its sequence. 
    1) Mothers day--origins, dates observances.
    2) Honoring Mothers throughout the year--why, how.
    3) Honoring your late mother--your advice.

Currently it chops back and firth and has a picture credit right in the middle.  p.s. the site you credit charges fees.  I hope you paid those fees.  If not, use a free source.

LynetteBellposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Any pictures are free for me to use.  Thank you for your feedback.  I guess coming from Squidoo the credits ended up in different places to where they were originally.  I should have sorted that out. Thanks.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Dreamstine free photos typically require the specified credit line because they release them for promotional purposes.  You need to add those.

4. LynetteBell profile image80
    LynetteBellposted 21 months ago

I know I have typed replies to at least two of you thanking you for the feedback and making comments but it's not showing for me now so I'm not sure if it took as a result I'm replying to all from here. 

Anyway I want you all to know that I appreciate the feedback and will work to improve incorporating idea and tips. Thanks again.

1. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Your writing style is good and you have valuable ideas to contribute. I think you'll soon be among the top producers here. When I read back over my earlier hubs, I can see how I have changed in my writing style from when I first started. Some of the early ones I've edited multiple times as I found my writing voice. Keep on writing. smile

5. tlcs profile image77
    tlcsposted 21 months ago

Hi LynetteBell I have just had a read of your hub A Mother's Love and it touched me. My mother has passed and this hub related to me and my feelings at the moment about mothers day in many ways. And that said if it relates to me, I would think it should do well. Good read.

6. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 21 months ago

I enjoyed reading your hub.
    I do think the videos would work better on another hub. (tutorial)
    Otherwise, a very nice hub to improve on. 
    I would try to narrow down the products more, myself.
    The Bamboo Bed Tray is a great gift idea for my Mom.

7. TheDragonBringer profile image96
    TheDragonBringerposted 21 months ago

I would add a poll. People seem to love polls because it gives them the ability to interact with the writer and other readers. It increases engagment, keeps people on the page longer and adds substance.