jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Fun Ways to Teach Kids Geography

1. MerylV profile image82
    MerylVposted 21 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Fun Ways to Teach Kids Geography. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. maryjenga11 profile image81
      maryjenga11posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I liked it. You have a lot of content which is good and I think it was well written. I don't know what Hubpages will say about all the amazon links though. Myself, I don't think it's too many.

1. MerylV profile image82
        MerylVposted 21 months ago in reply to this

They say it is low quality. This is an old Squidoo lens - one of the first I created. It has had tons of views over the years and a lot bought off it so I know they are useful links. I already removed about 1/2 the links. I feel it is pointless to remove much more. Each link has a lot of info about it.

I will probably just move it to my blog but I thought I would first post in case someone had an easy fix. I don't want to just delete the links. It takes away th usefulness of the post.

Thanks for commenting btw

I agree.

...about the links

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 21 months ago

I took a glance at your hub and noticed the following:

I read it first with my ad blocker and thought it was a pretty good hub.  In your note, which I think is the second paragraph, it refers to a lens.  We don't have lenses here. I recommend calling it an article.  Also right there you have two links that link back to the same hub.  I would definitely take those out. There is no point in linking to yourself.

Then I turned off the ad blocker and whoa! You have 16 products. It looks like just a laundry list of things to buy.  That is absolutely too many in your relatively short hub.  You  have to remember that once someone clicks on an Amazon capsule and goes to Amazon, you are going to get a commission no matter what they buy. You don't need to offer everything to them, just enough of something to get them to click on the link.  When your hub has this many items, it seems more like a sales hub than an informational hub. 

Think about what your reader wants. They want to know how to teach geography to their child. They want to know the best product, not a full listing of all available products. What product worked best for you, was the most fun, most educational, best value for the dollar.

I don't think the links to the other resources are a problem. In fact, I think that they are helpful to the reader.  I didn't notice any sites that were linked more than twice, but you will want to check that more thoroughly.

I'm glad that I read the hub without the products, and saw that it is a pretty good hub. It does have redemptive value if you take out a whole bunch of the Amazon capsules.  Oh and also add a summary.  It ends rather abruptly with more Amazon capsules.