jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Adsense Privacy Policy and HubPages

1. surefire profile image83
    surefireposted 7 years ago

As Google has made it mandatory to display Privacy Policy for all Adsense users, will the HubPages privacy be suitably modified?

Just now I looked at the HubPages Privacy policy and didn't find any mention of Google Adsense using cookies and how to opt out of them as is required by Google. Or am I missing something?

I would be glad if some light is shed on this question soon.

Thanks in advance

1. ngureco profile image86
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is well taken care of and there should be no need to worry.

2. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

They do mention cookies - I think Hubpages can be trusted to know what is required on this one -and I am sure they know it has to be updated for the new double cookie thingy by 8 April!

3. surefire profile image83

We naturally trust HubPages to do the right thing at the right moment.

So I hope there is some Announcement/Response from the HubPages admin regarding this to set everybody's mind at rest that the matter is being taken care of.

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Please review this:

You'll note that there is mention of cookies, their use, and all the legalese required. smile

(oh, and this link is found at the very bottom of EVERY page displayed by Hubpages, be it a hub, your account information, or even posting on the forums.)

5. surefire profile image83

Hello gamergirl

You are right that the privacy policy of HubPages does mention cookes as you say.

However, Google wrote to every adsense user an email with the subject:
    "Introducing interest-based advertising - action required for your AdSense account" (I got it on March 13)

Here is a quote from that email:

"As a result of this announcement, your privacy policy will now need to reflect the use of interest-based advertising. Please review the information at https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … wer=100557 to ensure that your site's privacy policies are up-to-date, and make any necessary changes by April 8, 2009.  Because publisher sites and laws vary across countries, we're unfortunately unable to suggest specific privacy policy language."

And when you follow the above link: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … er=100557, you will find that Google asks you to mention the Google's use of DoubleClick DART cookie and how a visitor can opt out of it.

The point I wanted to make here is that according to Google we have to make a change in the privacy policy as per its guidelines.

Now I am sure that the Admin of HubPages being more knowledgeable and competent than me must be aware of this and would be taking what action may be required in this matter. What I meant to say here was just that some announcement regarding this matter would be coming from them.

6. NanaYaw123 profile image61
    NanaYaw123posted 7 years ago

Privacy policy and its implementation could have very devastating legal consequences. I'm sure Hubpages are aware of the implications of non action and will take the necessary steps.

7. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

They still have a few days to update the privacy policy.

If they haven't by the 8th, that's between Hubpages and Google, not between the users and Hubpages.

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not true, your responsible for the usage of your adsense ID, I feel hubs is a competent platform who wouldnt mess with their income source through inaction, but in theory if they were not to, YOU would be responsible for your adsense id's appearance on a site that is in breach of TOS

Not much of a concern, but it is most certainly our concern, not a concern only of hubs and google

1. surefire profile image83
        surefireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree with you sunforged,
        This is why I started the topic.