jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Feedback Please: 3 Books You Should Read to Understand the World

1. Kelechi Wogu profile image60
    Kelechi Woguposted 24 months ago

Hello.

Ive just posted my first hub.

I'd like some tip/advice from experienced hubbers. Let me know what i might be able to improve.

Here it is

3 Books You Should Read to Understand the World

thanks in advance!

-KC

1. Barbara Kay profile image84
      Barbara Kayposted 24 months ago in reply to this

It is setup well and looks good to me. The writing is good.  You chose 2 of my favorite books.

1. Kelechi Wogu profile image60
        Kelechi Woguposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Ms. Barbara! Which are your two favorite books?

2. Shades-of-truth profile image85
    Shades-of-truthposted 24 months ago

Kelechi - the content makes for enjoyable reading, but you have some typos. If you can avoid using so many parentheses, by rearranging the text in the sentences, the hub will look more professional.

One of the typos, is here: “WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. INGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.”

It should read - "“WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.”

Another is - Reading ‘The Kite Runner” changed all of that. The Kite Runner has starts with ' and ends with ". For a book, it can be underlined, which would eliminate the quotes altogether.

After the word "humanity", there is an unnecessary space. "In addition to showing the Afghan people humanity ," - it should read - "In addition to showing the Afghan people humanity,"...

There are a few other things, but thought I would simply offer these as examples of little things that can be corrected, and they are offered with no intent to offend.

working