jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)

What an insult

1. Good Guy profile image93
    Good Guyposted 24 months ago

I just received an email from Admin congratulating me for having 10 "editor's choice" hubs.  Really?  It is most insulting.  I counted my "E C" hubs, and they totaled to 19!  Well, you win some lose some!  LOL!!

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 24 months ago in reply to this

You're insulated by an automated email? Really?

Good Guyposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Hi Susana,
        Indeed I am insulated!!  LOL!!  I know it's just a typo error.  Actually they should correct it as "you have more than 9...."

1. sallybea profile image95
          sallybeaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

So did I even though I have more - perhaps we will get another automated email when we reach 20.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
            Lisa HWposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I'd assume that, rather than a typo. may be more likely the case.  We get the accolade for "over a million" and then unless you cross over - what - the five or ten million mark you don't get, for example, over two million or over three million.  (Unless the typo in the e.mail is a matter of "you have 10" as opposed to "you have OVER ten".  )  In any case, congratulations.

2. Susana S profile image92

Nope because I have over 20 EC hubs and I got the same email smile

Well then, at least we don't have to wait in vain for that which will never happen:)

3. PegCole17 profile image90
            PegCole17posted 24 months ago in reply to this

Not as far as I can tell. But maybe soon...?
            I see that the accolade has changed from five to ten. One small step for man...one giant leap...

2. Susana S profile image92

Stupid phone lol big_smile

Don't sweat the small stuff. Life is too short!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 24 months ago in reply to this

Hi Good Guy, I'm so sorry this was a bad experience for you. As a few Hubbers have kindly mentioned, the reason for this email is that we just made the EC Accolade a numbered one yesterday (meaning the Accolade will display a number on your profile when you reach 1, 5, 10, 25 EC Hubs, and so on). Unfortunately, we're only able to display levels, so having the 10 Accolade means you've had 10+ Hubs chosen, not that you've only had 10 chosen. 19 EC Hubs is pretty incredible! Well done, and I'm sorry again if it seemed like we were belittling your achievement.

Hi Kristy,
        Thanks for the clarification.  I started this thread not realizing the new Hp accolade for EC.  Well, I also took it as a light banter.  After all, I got my chance to broadcast my 19 EC hubs!!  LOL!!

3. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 24 months ago in reply to this

http://libraries.ne.gov/dodge/files/2013/04/sad-face-snow.jpg
      You have 18 more than I do.

Hi paradigmsearch,
        You are being modest.  Even if it were true, you only need 18 more to go.  LOL!!

4. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 24 months ago in reply to this

congrats for having 10 or 19 ec hubs, no need to complain, just a normal glitch

2. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 24 months ago

If you have, say, 30 Editor's choices, you will receive the "10" award shortly followed by the "25" award, etc. There are various levels and the accolades are playing "catch-up".

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 24 months ago

If you read the new blog post and forum post, you can see that HubPages has just created accolades for Editors Choice.  The levels are as follows:

Editor's Choice Hubs (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1,000)

I saw a bunch of them running through my feed, and every single one was for 10 hubs, so there might be a glitch of some kind. Or like others have said, they are awarding them all one at a time.

You got the 10 hub accolade, as you should have. It does not mean you have 10 EC hubs, it means you have earned the 10 hub accolade because you passed the 10 hub threshold.

Thanks, I missed the part about future accolades for different levels.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 24 months ago

I thought the same thing, I was like "Only ten? I was SURE I had more than that," haha...I actually had to go and check my list to see how many EC's I had. Turns out I have fifteen.

5. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 24 months ago

I'm happy for your success.
    Don't edit any titles or the EC icon will be deleted like one of mine!

working