jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (47 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Comparison Chart Of Shia And Sunni Sects Among Musl

1. Dip Mtra profile image88
    Dip Mtraposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Comparison Chart Of Shia And Sunni Sects Among Muslims. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. AliciaC profile image96
      AliciaCposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's a good hub, Dip. Since you say that the hub isn't featured due to spam and the only links in it are to Amazon or ebay, I think these must be the problem. Not counting the table, the hub is a bit short. Having four shopping capsules in two groups of two looks a bit overwhelming. What I would do is to eliminate one shopping capsule from each pair and see if that helps.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dip.

- All images must have attribution (credit given to the source and author). Take a look at any of my most recent hubs on my profile page to see how attribution has been applied. I do not put the link to the source of the image for that counts towards how many links we are allowed per hub. In the photo edit capsule I only fill out source and description, but make it clear in the source box where I got the photo. (ie: 'Wikipedia Public Domain, Name of artice'. Or if it is creative commons: 'Wikipedia Creative Commons, Name of article - author name')

- I think if you break down your hub into a few more text capsules with sub-titles it will do better in QAP -  and put only one affiliate link (Amazon or eBay) to each text capsule. We can have one affiliate link per 100 words in text.

- Because of the new format, side caps are not as good in QAP as full width, so have all your capsules full width by using the double-head arrow. That is all capsules: text, photo, affiliate, callout, etc.

Would you like me to email you for further suggestions?

2. Dip Mtra profile image88

Hi Phyllis, could you pls check the hub again and see if I have followed your suggestions?

Thanks.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Sure

Ok, make your affiliate links full width by edit the capsule and click on double arrow.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Delete your email from the post. It should not be made public. I can email thru fan mail.

Dip Mtraposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok, deleted.

4. Dip Mtra profile image88

Thanks Alicia, I have deleted one shopping capsule from each group. Let's see if it helps.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

Dip, I just emailed you.

Dip, please know that I think you are a good writer with excellent command of grammar and spelling - plus your subject matter is of great interest to many people who need to learn more. Your hub shows you have great knowledge of the subject matter and have done deep research. You are really doing great here on HP.

6. Dip Mtra profile image88

Phyllis thanks, I have just made the affiliate links full width, though the hub doesn't look all that great now.

Okay - your other hub in the series has the pics and affiliate links on the side and it is featured., so if you prefer them on the side then that still passes QAP.   I am sorry, I am gearing you towards what staff calls a "Stellar Hub" - many other do not like the look either.  So - follow your heart.  smile

7. Dip Mtra profile image88

Phyllis, I don't see any mail from you.

pdburns

8. Dip Mtra profile image88

Phyllis one last query. When will I know if the hub passes QAP after the changes have been made? Also, the affiliate ads by HP appearing on the right side of the hub have disappeared after the full page photo and ads on amazon and ebay that I chose were made. They were this morning before I made the changes. Does it have something to do with hubs awaiting QAP? If so, the hub wasnt featured in the morning yet had the ads by HP. I am flummoxed, yet consider this a learning process for the long haul. Thanks.

Dip, the ads will reappear when the hub is featured. It usually does not take too long to go through QAP, but may not pass through till HP staff get to work on their Friday morning. It is 11:05 PM Thursday for them.  Sometimes my hubs become featured in a few hours, sometimes longer.

I understand the "flummoxed" - we all have been there and sometimes often still are. smile

Did you get my email?

9. Dip Mtra profile image88

The permalink to this hub is http://dipmtra.hubpages.com/hub/Compari … ng-Muslims which is also mentioned in the earlier hub's permalink:. comparison chart of major world religions and comparison chart of Shia and Sunni sects in muslims.
    I initially thought of doing both in the same hub, but later decided to split the two. I hope that is not an issue here since there are repeats in the permalink..

I am not sure why they would be the same. I wish Marisa Wright were here. She is sooo helpful on these issues. It may not be a problem. I am not too familiar with permalinks.

I am more familiar now with what the permalink is, thanks to you bringing it up, Dip. I see that the premalink is the original link attached to the original article and stays the same even if one changes titles of that article.

Some things I just do not look into unless a problem comes up with it and I have to find out more. I am a bit lazy about learning technical stuff.

10. Dip Mtra profile image88

No Phyllis, the only mail from you is about one of my earlier hubs My Girl Scout.

I will send it again. It has been so long since I received an email from someone through fan mail and it may not have my name on it, but maybe HubPages name. It would be in your personal email that you get your HubPages notifications and newsletter from.

But, when I sent it, the notice came up saying "Thank you for emailing Dip Mtra".

Oh! That  (about My Girl Scout) was in your Fan mail, not your personal email.

11. Dip Mtra profile image88

The permalink to the QAP failed hub is http://dipmtra.hubpages.com/hub/Compari … g-Muslims. I hope this isn't the culprit. If so, how do I change the earlier permalink?

We need Marissa or Matthew for that answer. I wish I could help on that.  Where is Marissa tonight?

12. Dip Mtra profile image88

The permalink to my earlier hub was http://dipmtra.hubpages.com/hub/Compari … f-Muslims.

I hope repeating the words "Comparison chart of shia and sunni sects of muslims" is not the culprit since I have used it in this hub as well.

Phyllis, I feel HP has wrongly placed your mail here in the forum-in case this was the mail:
      Dip, please know that I think you are a good writer with excellent command of grammar and spelling - plus your subject matter is of great interest to many people who need to learn more. Your hub shows you have great knowledge of the subject matter and have done deep research. You are really doing great here on HP.

No, I posted that here in this thread because my email to you is rather long and I did not want you to think I was criticizing. When I help people learn, I can get very serious and seem rather point-blank (I picked that up from training people in accounting for over 30 years.) I wanted you to know that my email is ONLY suggestions, not orders. LOL

Is the email you gave HP the same as the one you are looking in for my email to you? I should have copied you email when you posted it here in this thread.

Can you go to my profile page and click on Fan Mail, then send me an email and I will return a reply to you with what I sent earlier.

On the permalink issue: I think I found some help at  http://hubpages.com/search/duplicat+permalinks

13. Dip Mtra profile image88

Phyllis your mail came in my gmail account, not the fan mail.

Sorry, new and still learning, though this is the first time a fan mail has been directed to my email registered with HP.

ahhh ! okay, sorry I did not make that very clear.

Right - the only way a reader or another hubber can email you personally is by going to your profile page, clicking on your fan mail button then clicking on email this author. It is very secure and the sender cannot see your personal email unless you reply back to them. so - when I went to your fan mail page, that is how I sent the private email that went to your gmail.

14. Phyllis Doyle profile image91

I have to retire for the night. I hope my email will help you some, Dip. Take care. It is fun working with you.

15. Dip Mtra profile image88

Thanks Phyllis. I have implemented all changes that you suggested and my next hub is going to be as per your suggestions in the email. Thanks again and good night.

16. Dip Mtra profile image88

Writer Fox, my conversations with you have already been deleted, I don't know how. Not here, but in the devoted page on this discussion. If you've done it, thanks. If not, I don't know how. I am still learning HP.

17. Dip Mtra profile image88

I received a message from HP editorial team that my above hub has now been featured, though they didn't cite any reason why it wasn't in the first place. Thanks everyone for your support and guidance, especially Phyllis who cared enough to stay up late in the night and continued giving me tips for improving the hub so that it passes QAP.

I still don't know why it was denied the first time, so may repeat whatever mistakes I had in this in my future postings as well.

Thanks everyone.

You are most welcome, Dip. Others on HP have helped me and I am always happy to help when I can.

Thanks so much Phyllis. I will follow  the guidelines in your mail for my next hub and let's hope it is rated as stellar by QAP at HP. Thanks again.

working