Suggestion for accolades

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

I noticed those with the Editor's Choice accolade, that there is a tiny number at the top of the accolade indicating the "at least" amount of EC hubs the person has, and I thought that there should also be a number on the HOTD and Hubbie Award accolades to indicate how many that person has received as well.  Just a thought, and it should not be a big problem to do so.  I am wondering why HP cannot place the exact number in lieu of an approximate number too.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this suggestion.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Give them time Faith. This is one of the changes they just made for the EC awards. When they get to the HOTD they may do that. They only do one thing at a time. It is a good suggestion.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kevin,

So glad you think it is a good suggestion!

I am sure it is not a big thing to change it, and hopefully they will do so with the Hubbie Awards too. Except, I do hope they can incorporate the exact numbers to be more precise.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
        The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

They may not be the exact numbers. The EC accolade had 1, 5, 10..... So if yo had 3 EC's your accolade only showed 1 until you reached 5.
        My weekend is wonderful so far, I hope that yours is too!

Yes, they are approximate numbers until you reach another milestone. I think they should be able to place the exact number without much effort though. Oh, it is lovely so far as my weekend goes; a beautiful clear and sunny day here.

1. Au fait profile image85
            Au faitposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The reason EC, hubs cannot show an exact number rather than just 5, 10, 15, etc., is that to be EC, hubs, they must first be featured.  Featured status can fluctuate.  If an EC, hub becomes unfeatured it also loses EC, status.  That would mean the number showing on the EC, accolade would also have to change to remain accurate.   This has happened to me -- I have had 14 EC, hubs, but now have only 12 because 2 of them lost EC, status when they became unfeatured due to low traffic.   Even when they were again featured they were not reinstated with EC, status.

However, putting an exact number on HOTD, hubs, should be a breeze for HP, since that designation doesn't change.

Hi Aunt fait , Thank you for sharing your further insight here. Wow, that is interesting that an E C hub was unfeatured? I know HP is making some changes concerning the E C as was detailed in this last HubPages Weekly email. I thought of this after seeing someone who has an E C accolade on their profile page and happened to notice the accolade had a tiny number one on it. It puzzled me for I was under the understanding that one had to have at least five hubs chosen before even receiving an accolade. But it clearly had a 1 on the accolade and when I hovered over the accolade it stated so and so has at least one hub chosen for editor's choice. It should also be easy to place the exact number on the Hubbie Award accolade, especially being those are so special and when one has won more than once too. Plus, if one clicks on it, maybe the years could pop up.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

When you click on the HOTD accolade, you get a link to all of the hubs that have received HOTD.

Oh really!  Wow, I had no clue, obviously.  Thank you so much, Millionaire Tips, for that is a great tip. Is it all of that hubber's HOTDs or those in the HP community?

It still would be nice to show the numbers at the top of the accolade though.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's the Hubber's HOTD. I really like that feature. So much better than just a number.  I think the accolades are meant to encourage people to do things, so they provide accolades as a reward for having reached a particular milestones.  Providing a number would not do that as much.

Yes, that is a wonderful feature!  I think having a number will show to others how many the hubber has in a quick glance without having to go to all of the hubs at once though.  Yes, they are a great incentive to produce quality hubs no doubt.

4. Au fait profile image85
    Au faitposted 9 years ago

I have thought the same for a long time.  Glad you have suggested it.  It shouldn't be difficult for them to do.

Thanks Au fait,

I am glad you think so too.  Yes, I would not think it would be too difficult to do so.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)